This seminar is intended to address fundamentals of the construction law
topics set forth in the agenda. It is important for you to understand your
rights, duties and obligations.
- The importance of written contracts to the architect/engineer
- Standard(s) of care applicable to design professionals and proving whether
or not it was met
- Common pitfalls and recurrent themes that result in design claims
- Professional liability insurance
- Significant statutory and regulatory provisions affecting the practice of
design professionals and claims against design professionals
- The attendee will be able to discuss standards of care.
- The attendee will be able to identify advantages and disadvantages of
- The attendee will be able to review common pitfalls in performance.
Who Should Attend?
This one-day seminar is designed for attorneys, architects, engineers,
project managers, presidents and vice presidents, contractors, subcontractors
Continuing Education Units
Lorman Business Center, Inc. is registered with the AIA Continuing Education
System (AIA/CES). This 6.0 hour program offers 6.0 Learning Unit hours, which
will be reported directly to the AIA/CES for AIA members.
Approved for 6.5 CLE credits in Oregon.
This course may count toward engineers continuing education hours in Oregon,
please refer to your rules and laws.
Lorman Business Center, Inc. is an Authorized Provider by the International
Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Lorman Business
Center, Inc. will award 0.6 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this
program. Participants must complete an evaluation in order to receive CEUs.
Please verify applicability with your professional board before attending.
Lorman Business Center, Inc. is a recognized provider registered with the PMI
Registered Educational Provider Program (PMI R.E.P.). Lorman Business Center,
Inc. accepts and adheres to all PMI R.E.P. Program policies, requirements and
rules concerning the provision of professional education activities and
materials. This course qualifies for 6.0 PDUs.
- IACET 0.6
OR CLE 6.5
Check-in: 8:30 AM
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Agendas and Speakers may differ slightly depending on the location. Please
e-mail or call
a representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.