This seminar is designed for human resource and payroll managers, benefits administrators, accountants, finance directors, controllers, business and office managers, insurance professionals and attorneys.
Today’s myriad of employee benefits options presents a challenge to professionals in charge of their organization’s benefit plan. Making a poorly informed decision can cost your company valuable time and money. This seminar will give you essential information on benefits products and strategies that affect your company’s bottom line.
Hear from experienced professionals on the intricacies of available options, including discussion on:
• Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental And Vision Insurance, And LTC
• Strategies Such As Fully Insured, Self-Funding, Minimum Premiums, Pharmaceuticals And Tax Leverage
• Case Studies Relevant To Benefit Strategies
• Understanding Your 401(k) Plan Costs And Alternatives For Managing These Costs
8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
A. Health Insurance
1. “What’s Hot And What’s Not”
a. “Small” Group
1. Great New Concepts
2. Other New Concepts
C. Life Insurance
1. Benefit Structure
2. Carve Out
D. Dental (Any Way You Want It)
2. Discount Services
10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. [Lunch (On Your Own) 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.]
A. Fully Insured
C. Minimum Premium
E. Tax Leverage
4. Executive Compensation
F. Case Studies
1:45 p.m. - 1:55 p.m.
1:55 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
III. Your 401(k) Bottom Line
A. Understanding Your Total Plan Costs
1. Explicit Billed Fees
2. Implicit/Asset-Based Fees
3. Investment-Based Fees
4. In-House v. Outsourcing
B. Alternative Strategies For Managing Your Plan Costs
1. Marketing Your Plan
2. Impact Of Terminated Participants
3. Use Of Plan Forfeitures
4. Employer Contribution Options
5. Vesting Schedules
6. Bundling v. Unbundling Of Plan Services
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. Questions And Answers