This seminar is designed for accountants, attorneys, enrolled agents, CEOs, CFOs, controllers, financial planners and business owners.
This one-day seminar will provide you with a greater understanding of S corporations including important business and taxation issues. Presented by experienced professionals, this seminar will explore the pros and cons of S Corporation status, and discuss the various issues you need to be aware of.
This highly-informative seminar is designed for accountants, attorneys, legal staff, business owners, enrolled agents, estate and financial planners, real estate professionals and lenders.
Topics to be discussed include:
Choice Of Entity Considerations
Formation And Subsequent Issues
Analysis Of Useful Forms/Agreements
8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Break 10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.)
II. Choice Of Entity Considerations
A. Entity Forms
2. General Partnership
3. Limited Partnership
4. Limited Liability Company
5. Limited Liability Partnership
B. Formation And Subsequent Investment Considerations
C. Operating Considerations
D. Exit Strategies
E. Relevant Securities Laws
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Break 2:40 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.)
III. S Corporation Considerations/Issues
A. Formation And Subsequent Investment
1. Limitations On Number/Types Of Shareholders
2. One Class Of Stock Requirements
3. Other Tax Issues
a. LIFO Recapture
b. Built-In Gains Tax
c. Carryover From C Corporation To S Corporation Years
B. Operating Considerations
1. Passive Income And Passive Activity Loss Limitation
3. Employee Fringe Benefits
4. Fiscal Year And Accounting Method
5. Shareholder Issues (Buy-Sell, Redemption, Restrictions On Disposition)
6. Qualified Subchapter S Subsidiaries
C. Exit Strategies
1. Tax-Deferred Reorganizations
2. Taxable Transactions
3. Section 338(h)(10) Elections
D. Analysis of Useful Forms/Agreements