Challenges facing health care organizations today are significant. Maintaining the functionality of information systems, as well as maintaining and enhancing security on those systems, is becoming more and more difficult and is now regulated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The HIPAA Security Regulations are challenging to read, comprehend and implement comfortably for most organizations. Davis & Kuelthau, s.c., Inacom and Gundersen Lutheran have organized a day of discussing the HIPAA Regulations amongst your peers and with industry professionals that work with the HIPAA Regulations on a regular basis. The level of discussion will help organizations with one computer system to several thousand computers.
Some of the Key Take-Aways that you will receive from the meeting are:
- Overview Of The HIPAA Security Regulation And Its Impact On Patients, Providers, And Payment Services
- Understand The Changes That Impact Patient And Medical Records
- Examine Requirements For Privacy Of Patient And Payment Information
- Understand Security Requirements For Electronic Medical Information And Systems
- Understand Why HIPAA Security Requirements Will Cause Significant Changes In Policies, Procedures And Processes Within The Organization In The Handling Of Patient Records
- Review Core Elements Of Security Policy Documents For A Health Care Entity
- Examine Security Technologies That Enable Support For HIPAA's Security Requirements
- Review Current Trends That Are Occurring In The Covered Entities In Wisconsin
- Overview What Gundersen Lutheran Is Doing In Their HIPAA Security Initiatives
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
I. HIPAA Security Regulations, Policies And Procedures
A. The Basics Of The Final HIPAA Security Regulations
B. HIPAA Security Rules And HIPAA Privacy Rules – How They Interact
C. Developing HIPAA Security Rule Policies And Procedures
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
II. The Importance Of Assessments And Trends In The Health Care
Industry Related To The HIPAA Regulations
A. Health Care Industry Trends Related To Security Compliancy
B. HIPAA Security Assessments
C. Costs Of HIPAA Security Compliance
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
III. What To Do For HIPAA Security Compliance
A. Security Regulations From A Health Care Provider Perspective
B. HIPAA Security Compliance Process
C. Disaster Recovery And Business Continuity
D. Challenges And Solutions To HIPAA Security Compliance
3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. Round Table Discussion/Questions And Answers