This program is being presented because of an overwhelming interest from HR and business professionals like you. It is a comprehensive blueprint for putting your HR function in place. Proper implementation of your HR Department can be one of the most important functions in your business. Though this task might seem overwhelming, by putting clear and efficient systems in place, you can ensure success. Properly implementing this function will ensure legal compliance and avoidance of costly EEO claims and legal battles.
By attending this seminar:
- You will gain an understanding of the essential steps that ensure your employee records meet minimum legal requirements.
- You will find out about: overtime laws (Fair Labor Standards Act), HIPAA Compliance, Family and Medical Leave Act, and more.
- You will discover the information you need to safeguard your business from liability and you from punitive damages.
- You will find out what terms such as 'applicant flow' and 'adverse impact' mean and how they might affect you.
- You will gain an understanding of what the EEOC requires and be ready for an audit, should you receive one of the EEO survey letters that are being mailed out.
- You will discover how to save time and effort by streamlining your personnel filing system.
- You can determine precisely what records you must keep and how long you must keep specific employee documents.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
I. Listen, Observe, Learn And Act
A. Company Culture
B. The Current HR Function
C. Your Company's Compliance Issues
D. Federal, State And Local Statutory Requirements
E. Needs Assessment Of Basic Essentials
F. Prepare A Written Proposal For CEO Or Owner
10:00 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
10:10 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
II. Now The Work Begins
A. Personnel Files
B. Job Descriptions
C. Labor Law Postings
D. I-9 Documentation And Recordkeeping
E. New Hire Orientation
F. Assessments And Background Checks
G. Employee Handbook
12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
III. The Work Continues
B. Human Resource Policy And Procedure Manual; Why You Need One And What It Should Contain
3:00 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
3:10 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. The Work Comes To Completion
A. Confidentiality Of Personal And Medical Information (HIPAA)
D. Group Benefits
F. Recruitment And Selection Procedures
G. Communication Your Credibility
H. Reports For Management
B. Recruitment Selection Applicant Flow
C. Employee Communication
D. Reports For Management
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
V. Question And Answer Session