Three experienced Calgary lawyers will provide you with current, practical information that your organization needs regarding:
- 'PIPEDA' And 'PIPA' Federal And Provincial Legislation
- The Definition Of 'Personal Information'
- Identifying How Your Organization May Legally Collect, Use Or Disclose Personal Information
- Disclosing Personal Information To Other Organizations
- Privacy And Employment Related Records
- Employment Standards Code
- Canada Labour Code
- Privacy Rights Of Employees
- Managing Your Document Retention System
- Customer And Supplier Related Records
- Document Retention Policies
9:00 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
I. Introductory Remarks And Program Overview
9:10 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
II. 'PIPEDA', 'PIPA': Federal And Provincial Legislation Generally
A. What Is Personal Information?
1. What Is 'Commercial Activity' Does It Matter?
B. Identifying How Your Organization May Collect, Use Or Disclose Personal Information
C. Notification And 'Meaningful Consent', 'Behavioral Consent', 'Implied Consent' And 'Negative Consent'
D. Disclosing Personal Information To Other Organizations
E. Limiting Collection, 'Repurposing' Information, And Security And Retention Of Information
F. Appointing A Privacy Officer
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
III. Privacy And Employment Related Records
A. Employer Records What Should Be Recorded And What Must Be Maintained Pursuant To The Provisions Of The Employment Standards Code And The Canada Labour Code
1. The NEW Duty To Notify Employees Of Collection Activities
2. NEW Duties To Secure Information, Track And Report Access And Disclosure, And Respond To Employee Requests
B. Privacy Rights Of Employees Employee's Right To Review Their Employment Records To Ensure Accuracy And Insist Upon Confidentiality And Appropriate Retention And Security Policies And Limits To Collection Activities
C. Employee Medical Records What You Do Not Need To Know And How To Manage That Information
D. 'Work Product' And Other Forms Of Exempt Personal Information
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
IV. Managing Your Document Retention System
A. Employment Related Records How Long Should You Keep Or Must You Keep Your Records On File
B. Customer And Supplier Related Records Sources Of Personal Information In Your Business That You Might Not Be Aware Of
1. How To Manage Those Records And Your Security, Retention, Limitation And Reporting Obligations
C. Document Retention Policies, Some Examples
D. Contract Matters: Discussion Of Supplier Contract Terms, IT Contract Terms, And Customer Contract Terms
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
V. Questions And Answers