This seminar is designed to update attendees on recent developments in Arizona Products Liability law, and to provide practical information to those who may be involved in the prosecution or defense of a products liability case.
Topics to be discussed are:
- Evaluating A Products Liability Case From The Beginning
- Cross-Examination Of Experts
- Theories Of Liability And Defenses
9:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
I. Evaluating A Products Case From The Beginning
A. Plaintiff Perspective
1. Things To Know Before Accepting A New Case
2. Things To Do Before A Suit Is Filed
3. Things To Do After The Suit Is Filed
B. Defense Perspective
1. How To Learn About The Product Quickly From The Client And Public Sources (Internet)
2. Identifying And Nailing Down Key Facts Early In The Case
10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. Cross-Examination Of Experts
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
III. Discovery In The Products Liability Case
A. From Plaintiff's Viewpoint
B. From Defendant's Viewpoint
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
IV. Theories Of Liability And Defenses
A. Strict Liability
C. Implied Warranties
D. Representation Theories
E. Affirmative Defenses
F. Comparative Fault
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
V. Questions And Answers