Understanding the differences between marketing and business development allow companies to focus resources and efforts according to their strategic objectives. Both are founded in the desire to promote the value and benefit of their service, but through different initiatives. In this program, professionals are given a comprehension of both and the tools to implement effective programs.
- Self-graded diagnostic tools clearly show you areas to improve your firm's growth
- How to find out about projects before your competitors and negotiate without competition
- Learn how to structure and write a simple marketing/business development plan
- How best of class contractors approach their marketing/BD
- Hands-on interactive discussion on the team approach to client and proposal development
- How to best use business development as a scout and catalyst for business
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Break 10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.)
I. What Is Marketing?
A. Marketing Definitions
B. Foundational Elements Of Marketing
II. Marketing Toolbox
A. The Ten Fundamental Tools For Effective Marketing
III. Marketing Grade
A. Continual Evaluation
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Break 3:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.)
IV. Business Development
A. What Is Business Development?
1. The Key Research Question
B. What Are The Issues?
1. Ten Views Of Construction
2. Business Development Critical Issues
C. Relationship Building
1. Converting Networks/Opportunities Into Business
1. How Can You Find Out About An Opportunity Before Your Competitor Does?
2. Grade Your Company's Business Development Efforts