This seminar is designed to help you cut workers' compensation costs. This will benefit human resource directors, safety directors, attorneys, controllers, accountants, insurance claim representatives, occupational health nurses, risk managers and case managers.
Areas to be discussed include:
- Effective claims handling
- Critical characteristics of clinics that clients cover
- Return to work claims
- Treatment for injuries
- Cost impact of effective case management
8:30 a.m. - 9:35 a.m.
I. Efficient Claims Handling
B. Medical Management
D. Vendor Involvement
9:35 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
II. 21 'C's-Checklist Of Critical Characteristics Of Clinics That Clients Covet
10:40 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
10:50 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
III. Worker Injury Management And Prevention
A. TEA Training
11:55 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
12:55 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
IV. Treatment For Injuries, Identifying Problems Early (Cost Containment)
A. Etiology Of Injury
1. Patient Self-Report Only
B. Initial Presentation
1. Preexisting Conditions:
a. Difficult To Assess Secondary To Self-Report: Any Information From Outside Source (Employer, Coworkers, etc.) Is Very Welcome
2. Previous Work Comp Claims
3. Length Of Time On Job
4. Signs And Symptoms Do Not Match During Examination (Yellow Flag)
5. 'What's Keeping Us From Going Back To Work Now?'
C. Initial Treatment
1. Medications Not Working (Needs More)
2. 'No-Show' For Diagnostic Testings
3. 'No-Show' For Therapy (Note: Always Have Easy Access For Therapist To Contact MD And Other Healthcare Providers Regarding Concerns)
D. Initial Restrictions
1. Patient Concerned About Any Type Of Restrictions (Would Rather Be Off Work)
2. Calls Saying Employer Not Following Restrictions
2:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.
V. Cost Impact Of Effective Case Management
A. Which Injured Worker Scenarios Might Benefit?
B. Types Of Case Management Services: Matching The Service To The Need
C. Selecting Providers: Use It Or Lose It
D. Employer Benefit/Role With Case Management In Place
E. Outcome Measurement: Medical Results And Return On Investment
3:20 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VI. What Is At Your Disposal