This program will provide insight and practical advice from construction professionals to help understand and to address the special issues raised by the design-build methods of project delivery.
- Insurance issues (design-build)
- Surety issues (design-build)
- Teaming agreements
- Design-build in the federal sector
- Design-build in the private sector
- Design-build from a general contractor's perspective
- Joint ventures (legal issues)
- Claims on design-build projects
- Surety bond claims (design-build projects)
- Resolving and avoiding disputes
- Design build on public projects (an owner's perspective)
- Comparing standard forms for design-build agreements
- The attendee will be able to interpret the design-build delivery system.
- The attendee will be able to prepare design-build risk management through insurance and bonding.
- The attendee will be able to demonstrate an understanding of design-build considerations.
8:30 a.m. - 8:40 a.m.
I. Overview And Welcome
8:40 a.m. - 9:05 a.m.
II. Insurance Issues (Design-Build)
9:05 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
III. Surety Issues (Design-Build)
9:30 a.m. - 9:55 a.m.
IV. Teaming Agreements
9:55 a.m. - 10:05 a.m.
10:05 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.
V. Design-Build In The Federal Sector
10:35 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
VI. Design-Build In The Private Sector
11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
VII. Design-Build From A General Contractor's Perspective
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
VIII. Joint Ventures (Legal Issues)
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
IX. Claims On Design-Build Projects
1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
X. Surety Bond Claims (Design-Build Projects)
2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
XI. Resolving And Avoiding Disputes
2:30 p.m. - 2:40 p.m.
2:40 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
XII. Design-Build On Public Projects (An Owner's Perspective)
3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
XIII. Comparing Standard Forms For Design-Build Agreements
3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
XIV. Case Studies Of Selected Design-Build Projects
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
XV. Panel Discussion/Question And Answer