With today's complex and changing tax laws, it is imperative for businesses and their advisors to keep abreast of the current issues. When obligations are overlooked, it can mean a substantial liability - not only for taxes that have accumulated - but also for interest and penalties.
This program features a panel of professionals who deal with complex tax matters every day. They will discuss capitalization developments, the building blocks of wealth planning, current issues in employee benefits and executive compensation, asset protection planning, hot topics in tax-free like kind exchanges, and cyber security.
Don't miss this opportunity to gain critical information to ensure your compliance with current tax laws!
- Tax and legislative update
- Capitalization developments
- Current issues in employee benefits and executive compensation
- Cutting edge techniques for the high net worth individual
- Cyber threats: they are real and you may be liable
8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
I. Tax And Legislative Update
A. What Is New?
B. What Is Hot?
C. What To Be Looking For In The Next Year
9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
II. Capitalization Developments
A. The New Regulations Governing Capitalization Of Intangibles
1. Overview Of The New Regulations
2. Rules Applicable To Acquired Intangibles
3. Rules Applicable To Created Intangibles
4. Amounts Paid To Facilitate The Acquisition Or Creation Of An Intangible
5. Acquisition Or Changes In Capital Structure Of A Trade Or Business
6. Accounting Method Changes
B. Other Developments
10:00 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
10:10 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.
III. Asset Protection Planning: Living In A
Risky And Litigious World
A. What To Do To Protect One's Wealth
1. When To Start Planning
2. How To Title Assets
3. Uses Of Family Partnerships
4. Off Shore Trusts
5. The Use Of The Newest Technique
6. Domestic Protection Trusts
10:55 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
IV. Current Issues In Employee Benefits And
A. Health Savings Accounts
B. Recent Department Of Labor Guidance On Fiduciary Duty In Dealings With The Mutual Fund Industry
C. Legislative And Regulatory Updates On Qualified Retirement Plans
D. Current Developments Affecting Executive Compensation Arrangements
11:55 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
12:55 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.
V. The Basic Principals And Building Blocks
For Wealth Planning
A. What Everyone Needs To Know
B. The Techniques And Planning Vehicles They Need To Minimize Taxes And Ensure Ones Wishes Are Fulfilled
2. Living Trusts
3. Insurance Trusts
4. Gift Trusts
5. Education Trusts
6. Powers Of Attorney For Health Care And Property
7. The Nuts And Bolts Of Our Estate Tax System
1:40 p.m. - 2:25 p.m.
VI. Hot Topics In Tax-Free Like Kind
A. Brief Background On Tax Free Exchanges
B. Issues With Regard To Liabilities On Exchanged Property
C. New IRS Guidance On Exchanges Of Tenant In Common Interests
2:25 p.m. - 2:35 p.m.
2:35 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
VII. Cutting Edge Techniques For The High
Net Worth Individual
A. What Are The Techniques To Utilize Once You Has Done The Basics
1. The Proper Ways To Use Partnerships And Limited Liability Companies For Family Wealth Management
2. Charitable Planning Techniques
3. Transferring Assets While Maintaining Control
4. Other Sophisticated Vehicles For Entrepreneurs And Other Wealthy Individuals
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VIII. Cyber Threats: They Are Real And You
May Be Liable