This seminar is designed to be a complete and thorough overview of the foreclosure process for mortgage loans. The faculty's presentation will include an overview of the foreclosure process as well as an extensive review of related issues such as title insurance issues and real estate closing issues. Attendees will also be provided with case law updates and current developments in mortgage loan foreclosures.
- The role of the master-in-equity courts
- Tilting and de-tilting manufactured homes in South Carolina
- The impact of bankruptcy on mortgage foreclosures
- Judicial and ethical guidelines in the master in equity courts
- Enforcement of judgment liens by judicial sale and tax sale concerns
- Title insurance and real estate closing issues
9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
I. The Role Of The Master-In-Equity Courts
9:15 a.m. - 10:05 a.m.
II. Title Priority Issues And Consumer Protection Compliance
10:05 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.
III. Mortgage Foreclosures And Mobile Homes
10:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
11:10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
IV. The Impact Of Bankruptcy On Mortgage Foreclosures
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
V. Judicial And Ethical Guidelines In The Master In Equity Courts
12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
VI. Enforcement Of Judgment Liens By Judicial Sale And Tax Sale
2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
VII. Considerations For Real Property/Personal Property Proceedings
3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
VIII. Title Insurance And Real Estate Closing Issues
4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IX. Panel Discussion, Practice Tips