This seminar is designed to provide real estate agents and brokers with practical information based upon California law that will allow the attending agents and brokers to perform their duties and obligations more efficiently, while providing better protection and advice to their clients. Four attorneys who not only practice real estate litigation, but also serve as mediators, arbitrators and judge pro tempore in real estate disputes will teach this seminar.
The faculty will cover the following topics:
- Actions Arising From The Real Estate Purchase Contract
- Commission Sharing Agreement And Actions To Recover Commissions
- Forms, Formats And Foibles
- Agency Relationships
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
I. Actions Arising From the Real Estate Purchase Contract
A. Types Of Actions Between Agents, Brokers, Buyers And Sellers
B. Terms Of Real Estate Purchase Contracts That Are Litigated
C. Actions Arising From Listing Agreement
D. Rights And Obligations Of Agent And Broker Under Errors And Omissions Insurance Policy
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
II. Commission Sharing Agreement And Actions To Recover
A. Commission Fee Sharing Agreements
B. Actions To Recover Commissions
12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
III. Formats, Forms And Fiduciary Foibles
1. Sellers Format For Listing For Sale
2. Pre-Marketing Due Diligence And Disclosure
3. Seller's Structuring Alternative Formats To Sale
B. Forms – Documenting The Deal
1. Preprinted Forms
2. C.A.R. Forms
3. P.R.D.S. Forms
4. Professional Publishing Forms
5. Custom Forms
C. Fiduciary Foibles
1. Counter Offers And Multiple Offers
2. Creative Financing
3. Broker Acting As Principal
4. Dual Agency And Commissions
2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. Agency Relationships
A. Disclosure Of Agency
B. Dual Agency Obligations And Responsibilities