This program is designed to apprise landlords, property management and leasing professionals, attorneys and real estate brokers and agents of current issues and trends surrounding the world of commercial leasing. The program will take a practical approach, which should be beneficial to all attendees engaged in any areas of commercial leasing. The program will provide an overview of various lease provisions which are typically heavily negotiated, such that real estate business and legal professionals can better their understanding when negotiating commercial lease provisions, thereby minimizing the risks their companies and clients face in the day-to-day commercial leasing arena.
- The attendee will be able to identify and negotiate co-tenancy and other key retail provisions.
- The attendee will be able to understand synthetic leasing in today's business climate.
- The attendee will be able to focus on key objectives in industrial leases.
- The attendee will be able to negotiate office leases with a better understanding of early termination provisions, rental abatement clauses and other monetary concessions.
- The attendee will be able to draft leases with an intent to sell underlying real estate.
- The attendee will be able to grasp how to negotiate build-to-suit leases.
8:30 a.m. - 8:35 a.m.
8:35 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
II. Retail Leasing: Negotiating Co-Tenancy Requirements, Exclusive Use
Rights, Prohibited Use Clauses, Operating Covenants And Other
Restricted Use Provisions In Retail Leases
9:30 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
III. The Top Twelve Topics To Negotiate In Distribution Center Leases
10:20 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
IV. Lease Financing In Today's Business Climate
11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
V. Evaluating, Mediating And Litigating Disputes Between Landlords
And Tenants In And Out Of Bankruptcy
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
VI. Negotiating The Build-To-Suit Lease
2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.
VII. Negotiating Early Termination Rights
2:50 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
VIII. Starting With the End In Sight – Drafting Marketable Leases
3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IX. Rental Abatement And Other Monetary Concessions