Everyone who is involved with workers' compensation claims must be aware of the numerous and often complex issues associated with handling them. Knowing and utilizing these issues can mean the difference between a successful outcome or not. Our well-known faculty from the firm of Beckett & Yott, Ltd. will provide an in-depth review and analysis of some of the most current workers' compensation issues such as the claim defense, understanding the concepts and definitions, the subrogation basics and light duty releases.
- Overview of all major workers' compensation areas by highly experienced attorneys
- Educational game-show style presentation
- Fun audience/team participation
- The attendee will be able to discuss complex issues associated with workers' compensation claims.
- The attendee will be able to identify subrogation basics and light duty releases.
- The attendee will be able to review some of the most current issues such as claim defense.
9:00 a.m. - 9:05 a.m.
I. Overview And Team Selection
9:05 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
II. Don't Be The Weakest Link (Understanding Concepts And Definitions)
A. The Rules
B. The Players
C. The Payoffs
9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Break 10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.)
III. Is My Claim In Jeopardy? (Claim Defenses)
A. Course And Scope
B. Injurious Practices
C. Drugs And Alcohol
E. Jurisdiction Defenses
F. Cross State Claims
G. Heart/Lung Conditions
H. Partial Defenses
1. Undocumented Alien
3. Restrictions On Reopening
4. Restrictions On PTD
I. Exclusive Remedy
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
IV. Insurer Family Feud (Multiple Injury/Condition Scenarios)
A. Late Manifesting Conditions (NRS 616C.160)
B. Industrial/Non-Industrial Aggravations (NRS 616C.175)
1. Last Injurious Exposure Rule vs. Reopening
D. Subsequent Injury Accounts
E. Intervening Or Pre-Existing Third Party Negligence – Subrogation
2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
V. Let's Make A Deal (Subrogation Basics)
B. Insurer/Employer Rights And Remedies
2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
VI. Who Wants To Be A 'Thousandaire'' (PPDs And The 5th Edition)
A. Major Differences From 4th Edition
B. ADL's And Other Issues
3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
VII. What's My Job? (Light Duty Releases)
A. Temporary Release
B. Permanent Release
C. ADA Considerations
D. Wrongful Termination
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VIII. Tournament Of Champions (Teams Answer Hypotheticals For Prizes)
B. Award Ceremony