This seminar offers a forum for participants to learn about and discuss critical strategies for minimizing the risks and maximizing the effectiveness of staffing, recruitment and selection processes. The information obtained from this seminar will assist participants in:
- Identifying and addressing potential legal risk factors in staffing, recruitment and selection with respect to both external hiring and internal placement practices
- Evaluating and enhancing the effectiveness of staffing/recruitment/selection methods and processes
- Reducing operational costs and increasing the positive return on investment associated with staffing/recruitment/selection initiatives
- Strengthening the organization's reputation as an ‘employer of choice' and facilitating the attraction, selection and retention of key talent needed for organizational success
- The attendee will be able to discuss legal cost management.
- The attendee will be able to identify legal guidelines on recruiting and hiring employees.
- The attendee will be able to review how to use metrics in your organization.
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
I. Legal Guidelines On
A. Application Forms And Intake Procedures
B. Legal Limitations On Interviewing Prospective Employees
C. Affirmative Action
D. Medical Testing Of Prospective Employees
9:30 a.m. - 9:40 a.m.
9:40 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
II. Legal Guidelines On Hiring
A. Employee References
B. Offers Of Employment
C. Written Employment Contracts
D. New Hire Reporting Rules
E. Immigration Issues
F. Independent Contractors
G. Employee Handbooks
H. Job Descriptions
10:40 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
III. Managing Legal Costs And
Cost/Balancing Legal Matters
A. Choosing The Right Lawyer
B. Negotiating The Right Fee
C. Developing A Litigation Plan And Budget
D. Conducting A Cost/Benefit Comparative Analysis
E. Exploring Mediation, Settlement And Alternative Dispute Resolution
F. Worksharing And Communicating With Your Attorney
G. Exploring Insurance Coverage
11:10 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
IV. Enhancing Effectiveness Of
Staffing, Recruitment And
A. Analyzing And Forecasting Demands For Staffing
B. Evaluating Internal Staff Movement And External Turnover
C. Managing Relationships With Internal And External
D. Identifying Critical Needs And Criteria, And Selecting Talent That ‘Fits' Best
E. Collaborating With Hiring
F. Monitoring And Measuring
Methods/Tools, Processes And Results Of Staffing/Recruitment/Selection
G. Developing A Staffing Budget And Creating Positive ROI For Expenditures
12:20 p.m. - 1:20 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:20 p.m. - 2:10 p.m.
V. The Science Of Employment
Counseling: Qualifying And
Learn to quantify and analyze the factors that should be evaluated when providing employment counseling to better understand the decisionmaking process from the standpoint of both business leaders and human resources professionals
2:10 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
VI. Reductions In Force And
Process: Legal Pitfalls
Associated With Mass
Personnel Decisions And
Using Metrics To Reduce Risk
How To Structure The Process
Of Making Mass Personnel
Decisions To Reduce Risk And
Arrive At A Fair And Legally
3:10 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.
3:20 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VII. Case Studies: Staffing
Situations and Strategies
Participants will work in small groups to analyze case studies of ‘Staffing Situations' and identify appropriate ‘strategies' for addressing or resolving each situation and each group will work on a different situation, then share its analysis and strategies with the other groups so that all participants can expand their knowledge of all of the various concepts being reviewed