This seminar is designed to provide attendees with information on how to improve their company's methods of purchasing. You will learn how to make more cost effective purchasing decisions and improve relations with customers and vendors.
- Developing supply management strategies
- Qualifying and selecting the best suppliers
- Ethics in supply management
- Cost reduction strategies
- Purchasing and inventory strategic management
- The attendee will be able to discuss how to develop supply management strategies.
- The attendee will be able to identify supplier contracts that work.
- The attendee will be able to review cost reduction strategies.
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
I. Developing Supply Management Strategies
A. Understanding Strategy Development
B. Forming Strategies For Commodities Or Product Families
C. Forming Strategies For Managing Individual Suppliers
9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
II. Qualifying And Selecting The Best Suppliers
A. Supplier Performance Evaluation
B. Buyer Performance Evaluation
C. Supplier Visits
10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
III. Ethics In Supply Management
A. Influence And Persuasion
B. Ethical Issues In Purchasing
C. Ethical Issues In Management
11:10 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.
IV. Developing Supplier Contracts That Work
A. Contracting Strategies
B. Types Of Contracts
C. Contract Pricing Options
12:10 p.m. - 1:10 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:10 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.
IV. Developing Supplier Contracts That Work (Continued)
1:40 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. (Break 2:30 p.m. - 2:40 p.m.)
V. Cost Reduction Strategies
A. Price Analysis
B. Cost Analysis
C. Reducing Total Costs Of Ownership
3:20 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
VI. Purchasing And Inventory Strategic Management
A. Inventory Carrying Costs
B. How Much To Buy At A Time – And Why
C. Setting Minimums And Maximums – The Right Way