Proper implementation of your company's human resources department can be one of the most important functions in your business. Though this task might seem overwhelming, you can ensure success by putting clear and efficient systems in place. This program is being presented because of an expressed interest from human resource and business professionals wanting a comprehensive blueprint for putting the function of performance evaluations in place. Properly implementing the performance evaluation function will help ensure legal compliance and avoidance of costly EEO claims and other related legal battles.
- Alignment of strategic objective with human resource functions
- Integrating other HR functions into effective performance measurement and appraisal processes
- Effective performance appraisal process requirements
- Discipline and terminations
- Steps to improve HR's contribution and performance
- The attendee will be able to better align HR practices with the organization's strategic objectives.
- The attendee will learn how to improve the strategic contribution of HR to their organization.
- The attendee will learn how to improve and measure their department's performance.
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
I. Alignment Of Strategic Objectives With HR Functions
A. What Are The Objectives?
1. Reduce Costs
2. Increase Productivity
3. Improve Quality
4. Increase Customer Retention
B. How Does This Affect The Performance Appraisal Process?
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
II. Integrating Other HR Functions Into Effective Performance
Measurement And Appraisal Processes
B. Orientation And Training
F. Policies And Procedures
I. Job Descriptions
12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
III. Effective Performance Appraisal Process Requirements
A. Strategic Objectives As Goals And Measurement Criteria
B. Integrated HR Functions
C. Process Needs
1. Supervisor Skills
3. Communication Style
5. Do's And Don't's
3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. Discipline, Terminations, Career Development
A. Disciplinary Policy
C. Career Development