For many practices, Medicare and Medicaid are two significant revenue and billing nightmares. Are the ever-changing rules for Medicare and Medicaid costing your practice money? Do you have a handle on the impact the latest billing rules will have on your bottom line? Can you afford to continue to be under-reimbursed for the services you are providing? Are you doing everything you are required to do for remaining compliant with all of the rules and regulations set forth for Medicare and Medicaid? If these questions get you thinking about the current status of the management of reimbursement and compliance for Medicare and Medicaid in your practice, then you need to attend this seminar in order to improve the financial future of your practice.
- How to unravel and understand the rules and regulations of Medicare and Medicaid
- The future of Medicare and Medicaid and how it affects your practice
- Coding guidelines that maximize proper reimbursement
- How to reduce denials and win your appeals
- How mandated electronic billing can affect your practice
- The attendee will be able to discuss current issues in Medicare and Medicaid.
- The attendee will be able to identify claims denials.
- The attendee will be able to review supplemental insurance.
8:30 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
I. Basics Of Medicare And Medicaid
A. What Is Medicare?
B. What Is Medicaid?
C. Who Is Eligible?
10:20 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. Current Issues In Medicare And Medicaid
A. Medicare And Medicaid Compliance Plans
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
III. HIPAA As It Relates To Medicare And Medicaid
2:30 p.m. - 2:40 p.m.
2:40 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
IV. Claims Denials
A. Understanding EOBs And Appeals
B. Incident To Waivers
C. Evaluation And Management
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
V. Supplemental Insurance
A. Medigap Insurance
B. Requirements For Supplemental Insurance
C. Managed Care Plans