Business professionals spend as much as 60 percent of their time in situations that require negotiations with others. This informative and hands-on program will present a thorough approach to negotiating effectively and resolving conflict.
- Negotiating with a customer or client you can't afford to lose
- Dealing with problem employees
- Knowing when to walk away from a negotiation
- Different styles and approaches to negotiation
- The negotiations process - how conflict displays itself in the workplace
- The cost of conflict to your organization
- The attendee will be able to identify why and when we should negotiate.
- The attendee will be able to define interest-based negotiations.
- The attendee will be able to discuss conflict resolution.
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
A. Why And When Do We Negotiate?
B. Must You Lose For Me To Win?
C. First Negotiation Exercise
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
II. The Win-Win Process
A. What Are Interest-Based Negotiations?
B. Separating People From The Problem
C. Using Impartial Standards
10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. The Win-Win Process (Continued)
D. Thinking Outside The Box
F. Second Negotiation Exercise
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
III. Continuing The Process
A. Third Negotiation Exercise
B. Fourth Negotiation Exercise
C. Reviewing The Process
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
IV. Conflict Resolution
A. How Conflict Affects Your Organization
3:00 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
3:10 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
V. Problem Employees And The Employers – Co-Workers They Make
A. Selecting Realistic Goals
B. Understanding Batna
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VI. Wrap-Up And Questions And Answers