This seminar is designed as a practitioner's guide for dealing with essential issues in any real estate transactions.
- Coverage and information provided by title insurance
- How to address the requirements of a title insurance commitment
- Dealing with off-record matters affecting land
- Resolution of title defects
- Conveyance issues involving various legal entities
- How to identify and fix title problems
- The attendee will be able to review title examinations and defects.
- The attendee will be able to discuss the role of the transactional attorney.
- The attendee will be able to identify title issues relating to various legal entities.
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Break 10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.)
I. Title Information Through Title Insurance
A. Role Of The Transactional Attorney
B. Information Provided By A Commitment For Title Insurance
C. Essential Information For Transactions
D. Title Insurance Policies – Covered Risks
1. Exclusions, Exceptions, Procedures, Known Risks
2. Deletions, Requirements For Coverages, Communicating With Title Companies
E. Some Additional Coverages Provided By Endorsements
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Break 2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
II. Title Examinations And Defects
A. Off Record Matters
1. Importance Of A Survey
2. Adverse Possession And Boundary Disputes
B. Practical Resolutions Of 'Defects'
1. Historical Research
3. Quiet Title Actions
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
III. Title Issues Relating To Various Legal Entities
A. General And Limited Partnerships
B. Limited Liability Companies
E. Decedents' Estates
F. Representative Capacities