Everyone who is involved with workers' compensation claims must be aware of the numerous and often complex issues associated with handling them. Knowing and utilizing these issues can mean the difference between a successful or unsuccessful outcome.
The purpose of this seminar is to provide you with practical, up-to-date information on the workers' compensation process.
- Overview of workers' compensation in California
- Interrelationship between workers' compensation and other laws
- Workers' compensation and safety
- Workers' compensation litigation and cost control measures for the employer
- Get with the flow: an employer's guide to understanding the flow of a worker's compensation claim
- The attendee will be able to discuss the workers' compensation reforms in California.
- The attendee will be able to identify a 'disability' under state and federal laws.
- The attendee will be able to review the process of a workers' compensation claim.
9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
I. Overview Of Workers' Compensation In California
A. Workers' Compensation Reforms
B. Workers' Compensation Basics
10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. Interrelationship Between Workers' Compensation And Other Laws
A. Americans With Disabilities Act And The California Fair Employment And Housing Act
1. What Constitutes A 'Disability' Under State And Federal Laws
2. 'Interactive Process'
B. Family Medical Leave Act And The California Family Rights Act
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
III. Workers' Compensation And Safety
A. Cal-OSHA Basics
B. Reporting And Recording Obligations For Industrial Injuries
C. Safety Training
2:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
IV. Workers' Compensation Litigation And Cost Control Measures For
A. Conducting Prompt And Thorough Investigations
B. Employer Involvement In The Workers' Compensation Settlement Process
3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
V. Get With The Flow: An Employer's Guide To Understanding The
Flow Of A Workers' Compensation Claim
A. Understanding The Three 'Key Periods' In The Life Of A Worker's
B. Effective Strategies For Employers For Participating In And Influencing The Outcome Of A Litigated Workers' Compensation Claim