A wide variety of different professionals are involved with title examinations and relevant issues. This seminar will bring together several of those professionals to present an overview of the title examination process, title insurance, survey, and claims. These multiple perspectives offer a well-rounded and thorough program regarding everything from title examination basics to specialty concerns.
- What makes a good title search?
- How reliable is a title search based on the accuracy of the county records?
- New recording regulations for the new millennium
- The attendee will be able to discuss title commitments.
- The attendee will be able to identify recordation procedures and requirements.
- The attendee will be able to review policy forms.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
I. Historical Perspective
A. Development Of New Jersey Land Record System
B. Common Law Influences
C. New Jersey Boards Of Proprietors
D. Major Developments
10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
10:15 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
II. Title Examination
A. County Records
11:10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
III. Title Orders And The Title Commitment
A. Assembling Information
B. Ordering Searches
C. Organizing Data
D. The Title Commitment
1. Requirements And Exceptions
2. Terms And Conditions
E. Closing/'Marking Up Title'
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
IV. Post Closing And Recordation
A. Recordation Procedures And Requirements
C. Race/Notice And 'The Gap'
D. Cover Records
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
V. The Title Policy And Title Insurance
A. Policy Forms
B. Policy Contents
C. Terms, Conditions
D. Exceptions And Exclusions
3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
VI. Risk Underwriting And Claims 'What Is Title Insurance And Why Do I
A. Marketability vs. Insurability
C. Ethical Duty Of The Title Underwriter/Agent
4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.