- Describe the theoretical principles of biofeedback
- Understand operant conditioning as the basis of biofeedback
- Understand the important variables in physiological measurement and equipment for biofeedback applications in rehabilitation
- Understand the neurological, traditional and operant conditioning theoretical basis of rehabilitation
- Gain a better understanding of neuroplasticity
- Understand successful biofeedback applications to stroke and the criteria for patient application
- Understand the procedures and selection criteria for biofeedback applications to brain injury patients
- Understand effective methods for applying biofeedback techniques to patients with Cerebral Palsy
- Understand the procedures and selection criteria for biofeedback applications to spinal cord injury patients
- Understand the important variables for biofeedback applications in rehabilitation
- Understand the state of Florida's coordinated system of care.
- Understand federal, state and community services and supports available
- Understand statewide incidence and demographics of moderate and severe traumatic brain injury
- Understand community-based long-term supports (Medicaid waiver)
- The attendee will be able to discuss the theoretical principles of biofeedback.
- The attendee will be able to identify the important variables for biofeedback applications in rehabilitation.
- The attendee will be able to review Brain Injury Mechanism.
9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
II. Understanding The Role And Responsibilities Of The Brain And
Spinal Cord Injury Program
10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
III. What Can You Do To Assist Your Client During Litigation And After
A. What Is Case Management?
B. Why Is Case Management Essential?
C. Resources - What May Be Available And How To Access Them
D. How To Safeguard Government Benefits Post-Litigation
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
IV. Ethics Of Investigation
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
V. Biofeedback And Behavioral Applications To Brain Injury
A. Definition Of Operant Conditioning
B. Establishing An Operant
C. Shaping Procedures
D. Application Of Operant Conditioning For Establishing Learned Control Of Physiological Responses
E. Implications For Restoring Function After Brain Surgery
2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
VI. Future Direction
A. Variables For Successful Applications Of Biofeedback To Brain Injury
B. Advances In Microprocessor Developments
C. Advances In Treatment Procedures
D. Advances From The Neurosciences
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VII. Question And Answer Session