This program is designed to help the legal practitioner and others achieve success while facing the new challenges of the twenty-first century in the area of personal injury practice.
- Automobile accident cases
- Premises liability cases
- Products liability cases from the defense perspective
- The attendee will be able to discuss plaintiffing and defending automobile accident cases.
- The attendee will be able to identify effective trial techniques in nursing home liability cases.
- The attendee will be able to review discovery challenges in litigating products actions.
9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
I. Plaintiffing And Defending Automobile Accident Cases
A. The Impact Of Pre-Existing Physical Conditions On Settlements/Verdicts
1. The Jury Instruction On Pre-Existing Conditions
2. Plaintiff Considerations
3. Defense Considerations
B. Examination Of Medical Witnesses
1. Plaintiff's Expert
2. Defendant's Expert
C. Recent Developments In Subrogation
10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
II. Premises Liability Cases
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
12:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
III. Nursing Home Liability Cases: The Plaintiff's And Defensive
A. Preliminary Analysis
1. Plaintiff: Initial Call, Background Analysis And Evaluation
2. Defense: Analysis Of Claim And Exposure, Pre-Suit
B. Initial Preparation
1. Plaintiff: Documentation, Witnesses, Medical, Public Information, Regulation
2. Defense: Document And Record Review, Employee Interviews, Internal Procedures
C. Experts And Advanced Preparation
1. Plaintiff: What And Where To Look, Burden Of Proof
2. Defense: What And Where To Look, Debunking And Going Forward
D. Effective Trial Techniques: Theme And Presentation
3:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. Products Liability Cases From The Defense Perspective
A. Elements Of Products Claims In Ohio
B. Defenses To Products Claims/The Effect Of Tort Reform
C. Neutralizing The Plaintiff's Expert
D. Discovery Challenges In Litigating Products Actions