This one-day seminar will provide valuable and applicable information on current compliance and security topics including the latest developments in the USA PATRIOT Act, Fair Credit Reporting, Employee Background Checks and Fraud related issues.
- USA PATRIOT Act
- Bank secerecy regulations
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
- Check clearing for the 21st century - check 21
- Loans in areas having special flood hazards
- The attendee will be able to discuss check clearing for the 21st century.
- The attendee will be able to identify bank secrecy regulations.
- The attendee will be able to review the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act.
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
I. USA PATRIOT Act
A. What Does The Name Stand For?
B. Primary Purpose For Adoption
D. Section-By-Section Analysis For Bank Related Topics
1. Section 312 Foreign Correspondent/Private Banking Accounts
2. Sections 313 And 319 Foreign Shell Bank Accounts And Records For Owners Of Foreign Banks And Agents For Service Of Legal Process
3. Section 314 Sharing Of Information
4. Section 326 Customer Identification Procedures
E. USA PATRIOT Act Connections To Bank Secrecy
10:00 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
10:10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
II. Bank Secrecy Regulations
A. The Regulatory Expectation Bar Has Been Raised
2. Necessary Bank Procedures
C. Currency Transaction Reporting
1. Covered Transactions
D. Record-Keeping Requirements
1. Negotiable Instrument Cash Sales
2. Funds Transfers
E. Suspicious Activity Reporting And Tracking
1. Affected Areas Within A Bank
2. Types Of Activity Requiring A SAR
3. Do I Need An Expensive Automated Tracking System?
4. High-Risk Businesses
5. High-Risk Products And Services
6. Examples Of Activity Triggering A SAR
F. Money Laundering
2. Methods And Trends In Banking
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
III. Home Mortgage Disclosure Act
A. Changes That Took Effect In 2004
B. Covered Activity
C. Reporting Requirements
D. Recent Penalties For Filing
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
IV. Check Clearing For The 21st Century Check 21
A. Intended Purpose
B. Introduced Substitute Check
C. Is Your Bank Imaging?
D. Customer Information
E. Employee Training Issues
3:30 p.m. - 3:40 p.m.
3:40 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
V. Loans In Areas Having Special Flood Hazards
B. Determination Responsibilities
D. Determining Adequate Coverage
E. Flood Related Enforcement Actions