In today's world, receiving the correct reimbursement is an art. Increasing your collectability means understanding what drives your reimbursement and the roadblocks that prevent proper payment.
- Learn about current coding issues and what you can do to help prevent them from occurring.
- Understand the 2005 changes for CPT and ICD-9-CM and what they mean to your practice.
- Help your providers understand their role in the reimbursement cycle.
- Connect the coding to reimbursement - reviewing for your revenue cycle
- Partner with your clearinghouse by understanding the role your clearinghouse should play in your revenue cycle.
- Compliance: No matter how tired we are of hearing of this, it's still required!
- Resources you can use in your day-to-day practice
Because changes occur frequently in the coding and reimbursement arena, it is not only imperative that providers and staff remain knowledgeable, it is a requirement. This seminar will give you insight and practical tools needed to code and bill your medical claims receiving the full extent of reimbursement allowed. This session is appropriate for the beginner, intermediate or advanced health care professional or staff.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
I. Medical Record Documentation
A. Basic Principles
B. Modifiers And Bundling
C. High-Risk Services
D. NPP Billing And Incident To
F. Tips And Tools For Auditing Teaching Your Providers
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
II. CPT And ICD-9 Coding Update
A. What's New/Deleted For 2005?
10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
III. Maximizing Your Revenue: Connecting Coding To Reimbursement
A. Benchmarking Where Should You Be?
B. Tracking Trends And Denials
C. Improving Your Performance
D. Practice Management Systems
E. Partnering With Your Clearinghouse And Payers
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:35 p.m.
IV. Understanding Your Clearinghouse, Post-HIPAA
A. Update On The Impact Of HIPAA Where Is The Industry Today?
B. Transaction And Code Set Compliance
C. CMS Enforcement
D. Summary Of Health Plan Compliance Efforts
E. Summary Of Clearinghouse Compliance Efforts
F. Claim Flow Process Finding And Resolving A 'Black Hole' Or 'Lost Claims'
G. Top Errors And How To Fix Them
H. Tips, Tricks And Traps Of Efficiently Working Your Claims Management Reports
2:35 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
V. Compliance: What Does That Mean?
A. OIG Model Compliance Plan
B. 2005 OIG Work Plan
C. Written Policies And Procedures
D. False Claims Act
E. ABNs And Other Waivers
3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VI. Resources To Help You
B. Practice Resources