This seminar is designed to provide an overview of the closing process for attorneys, real estate brokers and others who are involved in closing real estate transactions. The seminar includes a broad survey of closing-related information. The professionals presenting the information deal with real estate transactions on a daily basis and bring years of experience to the seminar for the benefit of those who attend.
- Learn the practical aspects of negotiating complex commercial transactions from practitioners with years of 'hands on' experience
- This seminar will focus not just on legal issues, but on the give and take of real estate negotiations and what you can expect to get for your client in today's business environment
- Learn the basics of title insurance and 'beyond the basics' lessons about how to craft title coverages that will best suit your particular client's needs and demands, including the latest ALTA endorsements issued in late 2004.
- Develop your skills in identifying the key issues for your client in the due diligence process, including title, survey and environmental questions and how to deal with them so as to protect your client without killing the deal
- Become a master at protecting your client in the closing process with the use of closing instruction and protections designed to address your client's particular needs.
- The attendee will be able to discuss environmental concerns.
- The attendee will be able to identify issues with lenders and loan documentation.
- The attendee will be able to review escrow closings.
9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
I. Purchase And Sale
B. Terms Of The Purchase And Sale Agreement
C. Breach Of The Purchase And Sale Agreement
9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
II. Contingencies And Due
A. Scope Of Contingency
B. Drafting The Contingency
C. Mutuality Of Obligation
D. Timing Of Due Diligence Scheduling
E. Allocation Of Costs Of Professionals
F. Coordination With Contingencies
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
III. Title Insurance: Basic
11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
IV. Issues With Lenders And
A. The Importance Of Leases To The Purchaser's Lender
B. The Tenant's Lender
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
V. Environmental Issues In Real
A. Potential Environmental Liabilities
1. Overview Of State And Federal Programs
2. Understanding Selected Superfund Issues
B. Conducting Environmental Site Assessments – How To Do It Right
2. Components Of A Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
4. Consulting Engineering Contracts
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
VI. Ethical Considerations For
The Real Estate Lawyer
A. The Rules Of Professional Conduct Including The New Rules Adopted February 5, 2004
B. Conflicts Of Interest
C. Disclosures And Confidentiality
D. Using Nonlicensed Employees For Real Estate Transactions
E. Ethics In The Internet Age
3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
VII. Escrow Closings
4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VIII. Question And Answer Session