This seminar will provide a definitive briefing to assist employers in navigating throughout the life of the employment relationship. The lecture and written materials will offer practical, step-by-step guides to minimize the risk of legal actions and assist the employer to handle complaints and respond appropriately. It is designed to provide employers with a sense of confidence and security that they are communicating in a manner that insures fairness for all.
- Discussion of ways to avoid legal claims
- Dealing with the headache of managing employee leaves
- Performance appraisal systems: Just getting them done is not the goal
- Hiring process: A well thought out plan that gets, and keeps talented employees
- HR and Six Sigma: How to make HR an integral part of growth, effectiveness and the bottom line
- The attendee will be able to discuss legally protected leaves.
- The attendee will be able to identify the performance appraisals systems.
- The attendee will be able to review HR and Six Sigma.
8:30 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
I. Overview Of Laws That Govern Employer – Employee Relations
A. Contract vs. At-Will Employees
B. Employment Laws
C. Labor Laws
D. Avoiding Legal Claims
10:10 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
10:20 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. Managing Leaves And Absenteeism
A. Federal And State Mandated Leaves
B. Employer-Created Leaves
C. Coordinating Application Of Leaves
D. Protecting Employers' And Employees' Rights While Minimizing Exposure To Legal Claims
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
III. Performance Appraisals Systems
A. Why They're Worth It
B. Typical Problems
C. Recent Advances
D. Finding The Right Fit
2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.
IV. Hiring Process
A. The 'Long And Short'
B. Interviewing Works Both Ways
2:50 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
V. HR And Six Sigma
A. Six Sigma Overview
B. HR's Role
C. HR/Six Sigma projects
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VI. Questions And Answers