Topics to be discussed include:
- Improve your budgeting systems and acumen
- Improve your planning systems and acumen
- Expand your understanding of newer performance measurement models:
-Activity based costing
- Exposure to additional financial management topics:
- The attendee will be able to discuss performance measurement.
- The attendee will be able to identify activity based costing.
- The attendee will be able to review budget control and analysis.
8:30 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
I. Performance Measurement
A. Limitations/Characteristics/Importance Of Measurement Systems
B. The Balanced Scorecard – Financial, Customer, Internal Business
Process, Learning And Growth Measures
C. Benchmarking - Corporate Level, Operational, Resources
9:20 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
II. Activity Based Costing
A. Definitions/History/Reasons To Implement
B. Activity Based vs. Traditional Cost Gathering
C. Cost Drivers
D. Value Added vs. Non-Value Added
10:10 a.m. - 10:20 a.m.
10:20 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
III. Business Planning
A. Definitions/Terminology/Plan Types
B. Gather And Analyze Data
C. Define Business Opportunity/Develop Assumptions
D. Develop Mission/Goals/Strategies/Tactics
E. Implement Plans/Monitor Results/Refine Business Model
F. The Plan Document/Additional Planning Topics
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.
A. Definitions/Terminology/Phases/Types Of Budgets
B. The Operating Budget
C. The Balance Sheet/Capital Budget
D. The Cash Flow Budget
E. Budget Control And Analysis
F. Miscellaneous Budgeting Topics
2:50 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.
V. Business Valuation
A. Alternate Methods
B. Issues With Valuation
C. Resources For Valuation
3:20 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
VI. Financial Analysis Case Study
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VII. Additional Financial Management Topics
A. Risk Management
B. Accounts Receivable/Payable Topics
C. Profit Improvement/Cost Control/Operating Efficiency Ideas
D. Reducing The Likelihood Of Financial Fraud