An experienced panel of professionals will present the most current information that you need to know regarding California Workers' Compensation and Senate Bill 899.
- Learn about employees' predesignation of doctors.
- Learn how even a short-duration return to work affects temporary disability.
- Learn about recent developments affecting and limiting utilization review.
- Learn how impairment contrasts with disability in the new rating system.
- Learn why examining doctors must still recite work restrictions in their reports even though they're no longer ratable.
- The attendee will be able to discuss and deal with the different methods of medical dispute resolution.
- The attendee will be able to review the basics of the new permanent disability rating system.
- The attendee will be able to identify new developments in interpreting SB 899 changes.
9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
I. Historical Perspective
A. Battle Of Sacramento
9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
II. Medical Treatment Obligations
A. Medical Provider Networks
B. Employee's Choice Of Treating Doctor
1. Predesignation Of Treating Physician
2. Disputes Within Medical Network
3. Independent Medical Review
10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
IV. Resolving Medical Disputes
A. Unrepresented Applicants
B. Represented Applicants
11:00 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.
V. Temporary Disability
11:20 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
VI. Rating Permanent Disability
A. Guides To Permanent Disability Rating
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:30 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.
VII. Vocational Rehabilitation Considerations
A. PD Supplement
C. Regular, Modified Or Alternative Work Issues
B. Conclusive Presumption
C. Settlement Considerations
1:50 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
X. Utilization Review
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
XI. The Applicants' Attorney's Perspective