This one-day seminar provides a rapid influx of information directly to you from a production engineer and nationally known consultant who is an expert in the use of Civil 3D as a production tool. This seminar will take you through an engaging day of why the software will create a paradigm shift in the field of civil engineering ranging from design to drafting all the way through to construction.
- The upcoming paradigm shift to 3D design
- Implementation costs for upgrading
- Production benefits for design and drafting
- Ramifications for construction
- Life cycle capabilities
- Computer rendering of 3D models
- The attendee will be able to understand how Civil 3D handles geometry development, annotation and labeling.
- The attendee will be able to identify the 'ripple-through' effect.
- The attendee will be able to understand how Civil 3D approaches grading and corridor/roadway design in 3D.
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
I. Basic Concepts
A. Overview Of Civil 3D
B. The Civil 3D Family Tree
C. Using Civil 3D As A Contractor Or Engineer
II. Anticipated Return On Investment
A. Where The Productivity Will Occur
III. Explanation Of Interface And Settings
A. Using The Interface
B. The Toolspace And The Prospector
C. Using Catalogs
D. What Do All Of The Icons Mean?
E. Toolspace And Library Settings
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
IV. Object Relationships
A. Object Technology And What It Can Do
B. New Objects
C. Data Driven Relationships
V. Geometry Development, Annotation And Labeling
A. Geometry Development
B. Parcel Labeling
C. Alignment Labeling
D. Profile Labeling
E. Label Modifications
12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
VI. Corridor/Roadway Design In 3D
A. Example Of Corridor Design
B. Corridor Profiles
VII. Production 3D Site Grading
A. Example Of Site Grading For Review Plans
B. Example Of Site Grading For Construction
2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VIII. The 'Ripple-Through' Effect
A. Updating Object Content
B. Updating Object Appearance
C. Updating Project Components
D. Productivity In Commercial Layout
E. Productivity In Roadway Layout
F. Productivity In Subdivision Layout
G. Productivity In Construction
IX. Built-In Rendering Of 3D Computer Models
A. VIZ Render Is Included In The Product
B. Why Our Industry Needs This Software