There is a large amount of litigation that is stemming from construction productivity claims. These delay claims are causing companies to lose money on labor. This seminar will address how to be proactive in preventing these claims and also discuss what to do when they may occur.
- Cutting edge legal and claim developments concerning one of the most costly types of construction claims
- Avoiding the pitfalls of disruption claims
- Using the contract to prevent problems relating to disruption and lost labor productivity
- Evaluating and defending delay and disruption claims
- Practical considerations for dealing with construction labor costs claims
- The attendee will be able to discuss how to prosecute or defend a disruption and loss of efficiency claim.
- The attendee will be able to identify time impact analysis.
- The attendee will be able to review methods of quantifying loss of efficiency.
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
I. Overview: Impact Claims
D. Loss of Productivity
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
II. Factors Causing Loss Of Productivity
B. Stacking Of Trades
C. Multiple Changes
D. Learning Curve
E. Joint Occupancy
F. Dilution Of Supervision
G. Re-Assignment Of Forces
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
III. Panel Discussion #1: What Is Loss Of Efficiency?
10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
IV. Methods Of Quantifying Loss Of Efficiency
A. Project Specific
B. Project Comparison
C. Industry Studies
D. General Industry Studies
E. Total Cost Approach
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.
V. Prosecuting Or Defending A Disruption And Loss Of Efficiency Claim: Legal
2:20 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
VI. Proving Loss Of Productivity: Submitting The Claim
3:15 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
VII. Proving Acceleration: Time Impact Analysis
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VIII. Panel Discussion #2: Avoiding And Minimizing Disruption And Loss Of
A. Exculpatory Clauses
B. Project Management
IX. Questions And Answers