This seminar will familiarize participants with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) and Comorbid conditions, and equip participants with the knowledge and understanding needed to improve family life through proper diagnosis and treatment of these disorders. Specifically, discussions will focus on:
- The general nature of ODD and its Comorbid conditions
- Distinguishing ODD from other behavioral conditions
- Treatment options
- Working with parents and other care-givers
- The attendee will be able to discuss the general nature of ODD.
- The attendee will be able to identify therapeutic interventions.
- The attendee will be able to review assessment tools.
8:30 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.
8:50 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
II. Diagnosing ODD And Comorbid Conditions
A. General Nature Of ODD
B. Comorbid Conditions, Including Attachment Disorder, ADHD, Conduct Disorder And Others
C. Assessment Tools (WISC, Personality Tests And Checklists)
10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
10:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
III. Biological And Environmental Factors Associated With ODD
A. Biological Inheritability And Genetics
B. Parental Roles Of Mother And Father In Reinforcing The Condition
C. The Biological Child vs. The Foster Child
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
IV. Treating And Managing ODD And Comorbids
A. Focusing On The Child
B. Involving Parents And Other Care-Givers In Positive And Negative Reinforcement
D. Therapeutic Interventions
E. Working With School Personnel
F. Evaluating The Need For Residential Treatment
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
V. ODD Resources For Parents And Clinicians
3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
VI. Questions And Answers