This seminar is designed to give everyone who attends a complete understanding of how construction projects are undertaken today using the most widely accepted methods in the industry.
- Owner 'control tools' in the new world of design-build
- The four keys to successful design-build for owners
- Identifying and managing the owner's three major risk categories
- Tips for requesting and evaluating proposals
- Design-build contracting tips
- Design-build laws in Kansas and Missouri
- Legal and ethical risks for design-build
- Construction management case law and statutes
- Owner strategies for successful projects
- Roles and responsibilities of design-build parties
- Best strategies for successful teaming relationships
- Risks and rewards of design-build and construction management
- Legislative and licensing status for design-build and construction management at risk
- The attendee will be able to discuss successful teaming characteristics.
- The attendee will be able to identify the four components of solicitation.
- The attendee will be able to review Kansas and Missouri legislation and case law.
9:00 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.
I. Overview Of Program
A. Speakers And Topics
B. Overview And Historic Review Of Design-Build/Integrated Services
9:20 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
II. Owner Control Tools For
A. Owner's Project Risk Factors
B. Paradigm Shift/Design-Bid-Build To Design-Build
10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
10:15 a.m. - 10:55 a.m.
III. Solicitation And Implementation
A. The Four Components Of Solicitation
B. Project Definition
C. Procurement Model Development
D. RFQ/RFP Documentation
E. Project Implementation
10:55 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
IV. Design-Build Teaming: What
Works Best And Why?
A. Design-Build Teaming Environment
B. Successful Teaming Characteristics
C. Integrated Teaming Approach
D. Starting An Integrated Team
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:30 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
V. Design-Build Contracts
A. Standard Form Contracts
1. AIA Form
2. AGC Form
3. DBIA Form
4. EJCDC Form
B. Drafting Tips
2:15 p.m. - 2:35 p.m.
VI. Design-Build Legislation
A. States With Design-Build Legislation
B. 2004 And 2005 Legislation Summary
C. Missouri Design-Build Legislation
D. Kansas Design-Build Legislation
2:35 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.
2:50 p.m. - 3:20 p.m.
VII. Construction Management
A. Missouri Legislation
B. Missouri Case Law
C. Kansas Legislation
D. Kansas Case Law
E. National Trends In CM And CMAR
3:20 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
VIII. Design-Build Risks
A. Construction Risks
B. Design Risks
C. Added Risks e.g. ADA, OSHA
D. Licensing Issues
E. Case Law
3:50 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
IX. Ethical Issues/Conflict Of
4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
X. Questions And Answers