Available for on-site presentation only at this time
- How do I determine the legal limits of what I can and cannot do?
- What do I look for in the association's documents?
- How do I find qualified practitioners in HOA law and finance?
- What is non-exempt function income versus net income or cash flow?
- How can we maximize our cash flow, interest income and minimize taxes?
- How do lenders evaluate our association if we need money?
- What do we look for in a qualified reserve study?
- Can we do our own analysis and what liabilities are we facing?
- How do we pursue reconstruction claims if we have no funds?
- What systems and processes should we implement to guarantee safe, secure investments and positive returns?
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
A. Reserves The Law And Your
Personal Assets On The Line
1. Legal Aspects Of Reserves
2. Financial Parameters
3. Reserve Studies And State Mandated Requirements
4. Putting It All Together
8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
II. Legal Aspects Of Reserves
A. Overview In The Beginning
B. What Does The Law Allow And Why?
C. Director's Responsibilities For Reserves
D. What If We Overstep The Boundaries?
E. What Recourse And/Or Personal Exposure Do We Have?
F. Method Of Funding Reserves
G. Withdrawals From Reserve Accounts
H. Miscellaneous Issues And Other Legal Details And Disclaimers, Assumptions And Considerations
10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
III. Financial Parameters
A. Why Do We Need Reserves?
B. What About Special Assessments?
C. Planning, Preparation And Presentation?
D. Keeping Your Assets Covered
E. The Tax Man Cometh And The Tax Man Taketh Away
F. How Do We Potentially Beat The Markets?
11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
IV. Taxes, Audits And Avoiding The
A. Association Income Taxes
B. Association Audits And Reviews
C. Reserve Funding Plans
12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
V. Reserve Studies And State
A. Current Study Limitations What Do We Need To Do In Order To Be In Compliance?
B. How Do We Know What We Have Is Appropriate? Three-Dimensional versus Two-Dimensional Information
C. Getting The Numbers Right What If There Is A Shortfall?
D. From B/W Snapshots To Color Movies
E. The Paperless Future And Open Architecture
F. Maintaining Data
G. Built-In Reconciliation
H. From Shelfware To Strategic System
2:15 p.m. - 2:25 p.m.
2:25 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
VI. Putting It All Together
A. Synergy Between Reserves And Investments
B. Staying Within The Legal Lines
C. Maximizing Returns And Safety Of Principal
D. Getting A Final Opinion
E. Process versus Products
F. Go Forth And Prosper
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VII. Questions And Answers An
Open Forum For Feedback And
Responses From Our Speakers