This seminar provides an overview of Texas law and will educate attendees on appropriate and effective practices for licensed health care practitioners and institutional providers regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records. It will also eliminate confusion on the use and disclosure of patient medical records..
- Management of medical records in Texas
- Implementation of physician compliance plans
- What steps should be taken in responding to a government subpoena or investigation
- Healthcare licensing issues
- What laws to consider when advertising healthcare services
- The attendee will be able to discuss strategic planning and legal considerations.
- The attendee will be able to identify and handle an initial licensing board investigation.
- The attendee will be able to review FDA and Texas requirements.
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
I. Management Of Medical Records In Texas
A. Overview And General Principles – Texas Medical Practice Act And TSBME
B. Confidentiality In The Context Of Managed Care And Insurance
C. Confidentiality Of Special Medical Records
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. Implementation Of Physician Compliance Plans
A. Development Of A Compliance Plan
B. Establishing The New Culture
C. Launching, Refining And Maintaining The Compliance Committee
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
III. Expanding Income Resources: A Look At How Physicians And Clinics
Are Attempting To Increase Revenue Sources And The Legal
A. Retail Medicine
1. Eyeglasses, Laser Services And More
2. Concierge Care
3. Strategic Planning And Legal Considerations
B. Clinical Trials
1. Areas Of Development
2. Requirements And Limitations
C. Sale Of Products Within Office Practice
2. FDA And Texas Requirements
3. Increased Liability Considerations
2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
2:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. Healthcare Licensing Issues
A. How To Handle A Licensing Board Investigation
B. Developing And Managing Healthcare Provider Advertising