Microsoft® Access® — A 2-Day, Hands-On
Covers Access 2003 and all previous versions Click here
Microsoft Access 2007/2010
Starting with the Microsoft Access basics and building your skills to more advanced tasks, this
2-day hands-on Microsoft Access workshop provides you with the database solutions you need to run
your business or do your job.
You'll learn first-hand how to create and manage tables and
queries, integrate with other applications, create macros, design forms, use the
Switchboard Manager, and generate reports. Whether you're a first-time Access
user, or looking to move your skills to a more advanced level, this exceptional
2-day training will give you dozens of techniques you can apply the next day on
the job. Who should attend? Our 2-day Microsoft Access seminar is
ideal training for:
Hit the ground running! Even if you're new to the
program, this Microsoft Access seminar will bring you up to speed faster than
you ever thought possible ... without the frustration and mistakes!
You've been using Access, but you know
you’ve only scratched the surface of its powerful possibilities. In just 2
intense days, you’ll grasp the advanced tools that are just waiting to be used.
With this Microsoft Access training, you’ll get beyond the basics and learn how
to accomplish countless functions faster and easier ... with greater clarity and
"Stuck in a rut" users
You're working harder
instead of smarter. You know there are easier and better ways … but you don’t
have the time or knowledge to sift through and find the Microsoft Access help,
tricks, and shortcuts yourself. This seminar is for you! You’ll discover the
real magic of Access — innovative features you thought only the experts used!
MICROSOFT ACCESS training SEMINAR OVERVIEW
- Understanding the "Big Picture": Designing the Database
- Laying the Foundation: Creating Tables
- Getting the Data Back Out: Filtering Features
- Retrieving Data, Your Way: Conquering Queries
- Producing Functional Forms
- Achieving Superior Output from Access: Creating Reports
- Mastering Access Macros
- Using Data Access Pages: Making the Net Connection
- Creating the Dynamic Database
Understanding the "Big Picture": Designing the Database
Knowing how to plan and organize a complete database structure from its
inception is the key to avoiding common problems. In this session, you'll learn
how to design and plan an Access database that makes your data simple to
collect, input, view, and retrieve.
- A careful look at database structure — before you make the first keystroke
- How to "fix" an existing database that's poorly designed ... without
losing your original data
- An Access "map"! Learn exactly what's behind every icon, bar, button, and
switch on the Access desktop
- Instant database! Use the Wizards to create and modify a database ... in
Laying the Foundation: Creating Tables
Learn how to design and create tables that are easy to use and understand,
and discover tips, tricks, and terminology that take the mystery out of creating
and using tables.
- Facts on fields: guidelines on field types, and how to choose the right
- How to "build in" table features that will save you hours of input time
- Table time-savers: Create ready-to-use tables with the Wizard
- A "checkpoint" you can set in the field level that minimizes input
Getting the Data Back Out: Filtering Features
Learn the basics (and the slick tricks) of how to filter and sort your data,
and uncover the answers you're looking for — faster than you ever thought
- When you need simple answers quickly: how to perform a fast temporary
- A clever way to "save" frequently used filters
- More complex filters: use "AND" and "OR" conditions, without the
- Filter versus Query: how they're different, and when to use each
Retrieving Data, Your Way: Conquering Queries
Learn how to write and save Queries that put critical information in your
hands ... quickly, easily, and effortlessly.
- Exactly what Queries are ... and how they can save you hours of "busywork"
- How to design a Query once ... and recall it again and again, whenever you
- When you're writing more complex Queries: 2 time-saving tools that will
have you off and running!
- Syntax secrets: Learn how to easily read Query syntax!
Producing Functional Forms
Well-designed forms can save you precious hours and prevent needless hassle.
Learn the secrets to creating and using the powerful Access forms tools that
make adding to your database simple and headache-free!
- How to format a form for maximum ease of use and readability
- Don't avoid subforms! Why they're powerful, and how you can take advantage
- Autoform and Wizards: Let them take the labor out of forms creation
- How to modify any existing form to suit your exact needs
Achieving Superior Output from Access: Creating Reports
Learn how to get the data in the format you need — on paper — where you can
use it to make better decisions, strategize, improve service ... you name it!
You'll learn, step by step, how to output information from your database in
reports that are easy to generate, read, and use.
- 3 methods for generating reports ... and how to choose the right one
- How to make a report from scratch — totally customized!
- Tips for "touching up" automatically generated reports for speedy
- How to transfer and use your reports in other applications, such as
Mastering Access Macros
Macros are incredible tools to get Access to do your work for you ... with
just a single click, or even automatically! Learn how to write macros to perform
the repetitive, tedious tasks that eat up your time and energy.
- What macros are ... and where you can use them to "automate" repetitive
- Critical decisions you must make before attempting to design any macro
- An easy tool that makes macros even more powerful ... and is unknown to
most Access users!
- How to create and run macros: you may have more options than you think!
Using Data Access Pages: Making the Net Connection
As the world goes online, there's a good chance your data will need to as
well. You'll learn how Data Access Pages enable you to publish information from
your database on internal networks or even the Internet — and you don't need to
be a "Web guru" to do it!
- Data Access Pages defined ... in plain English!
- The 3 main types of Data Access Pages: Which fits your needs?
- Security strategies: how to protect data that's published and accessible
- How to use AutoPage and Wizards to easily create Data Access Pages — even
if you have NO experience creating Web pages
Creating the Dynamic Database
The ability to link, share, import, and export data gives you the ultimate in
flexibility, ease of use, and sheer power! You'll learn how to use your database
in a more fluid way, without the traps and mistakes that frustrate many users.
- How to avoid the bottleneck that forces you — or others — to "re-create"
the same data
- The "tie" to other applications: exactly where you can import/export data
- How to ensure your data stays safe through countless import/export
- "Splitting" a database: how it can cure problems caused by multiple users
or extra-large databases
*NOTE: This is a hands-on workshop. Please
register at least 10 days before your scheduled event to ensure adequate
computer equipment inventory.
Need Microsoft Access 2007/2010:
Click here for
Microsoft Access 2007/2010
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM Seminar Class Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00
This course qualifies for 12 Intermediate
Computer Science CPE credits. Certificates will be available 10 days after your
event has ended.