How to Manage Inventory and Cycle Counts
Master proven cost-saving methods that improve accuracy, reduce frustration and save hours
Inventory — it's the highest number on your company's asset sheet. Yet, most companies rely on outdated systems and yesterday's inventory control policies to manage this valuable resource. And you, the person in charge of the inventory, are still responsible for an accurate count.
You know how important your job is.
If the count is overstated — your company pays taxes and insurance on something it doesn't really have.
If the count is understated — you risk problems with the IRS for not paying enough taxes. Plus, you won't have product to ship to your customers, resulting in back orders and more headaches.
And on top of it all, you're the person who ends up having to deal with everything from lost or incorrect paperwork to recounts, reconciliation, and more.
Attend this informative seminar and get solutions that you can put in place immediately to ensure more accurate inventory counts and a better-run, thorough, and less frustrating inventory process for everyone concerned. It's a lot of value for a small investment!
Taking Stock of Your Inventory Management System
- How to recognize your system's strengths and weaknesses
- Red flags that your inventory control system is deeply flawed
- The most common causes of inventory inaccuracy and how to end them
Preparation: Behind-the-Scenes Work Pays Off Big
- Tips for creating an inventory checklist that improves accuracy
- Should you count physical inventory or what's on the paperwork?
- Geographic or ABC — which classification method is right for your company?
- How to develop locator maps you can use year-round
The Hassle-Free Physical Inventory
- A 1-2-3- process for a "smooth as silk" inventory count
- A fast and accurate way to count small parts
- Cycle-counting methods that work and those that don't
Mastery of the Inventory and Ordering Process
- How to reconcile the physical count with the computer
- What to do with obsolete inventory that eats up valuable warehouse space
- How to avoid running short on inventory of your hottest selling product
- Tips for negotiating with suppliers to get the order quantities you want
This event is eligible for the following continuing education credits:
CEU: 0.6 credits
CPE: 6 credits
Training Seminar Time:
8:30AM Seminar Program: 9:00AM - 4:00PM