Managing Today’s IT and Technical Professionals
Managing technical professionals demands a whole new set of skills. It requires a keen understanding of their characteristics and style—and the best approach to achieve successful communication, team building, coaching and career planning. In just three days, you’ll learn how to get your project teams, work groups and task forces working together more efficiently and productively.
Who Should Attend
IT and technical professionals who have been—or are about to be—promoted to a management position…experienced managers who are new to the technical environment.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what drives or motivates technical people
- Develop a broader organizational perspective
- Learn which combination of best management approaches works best for your team
- Align the technical professional’s goals with business goals
- Analyze performance based on business requirements
What You Will Cover
- Using the MBTI® Instrument to understand your type and the working styles of those you manage
- How the characteristics of the “typical” IT and technical professional affects your management action
- Planning—the foundation of managing technical professionals
- Making decisions with technical professionals
- Delegating, motivating and coaching
- Choosing talented technical professionals
- Managing progress and evaluating performance
- Managing effective communication in a changing world
This event is a GSA approved program. Submit request to customerservice at findaseminar.com for GSA Cost.