This is event is a GSA-approved program (Federal Government approved).
e-mail a representative for GSA cost.
Through videos, individual exercises, small-group discussions, self-assessment instruments and skill-practice sessions, you’ll examine the link between emotions and stress in your daily life and learn the behavioral practices that can help you productively manage your emotions. You’ll leave the seminar with strategies for smoothing out the emotional roller coaster rides—so you’ll feel more satisfied at the end of the work day.
• Understand the connection between emotions and workplace stress
• Maintain your emotional composure on the job and maximize work relationships
• Effectively express your emotions through assertiveness communication skills
• Create work environments where emotional honesty and emotional energy are accepted
• Learn how to balance the physical, mental and emotional aspects of life
• Control your emotions and achieve positive interaction in teams and work groups
• Understanding stress: cause and effects of stress… personal stress and lifestyle assessment…an altruistic look at stress: perception is reality
• A closer look at feelings and emotional well-being: perception and defense mechanisms at work
• A balanced account: paying off emotional debt
• Characteristics of emotional health
• Emotional intelligence: raising your EQ
• Communicating or controlling? Balance or ballistics?: understanding assertive communication…turning problems into projects…developing three-part assertiveness messages
• Rituals: managing emotions and stress
®-Managing Emotions in the Workplace is a registered trademark of American Management Association.