Are you taking full advantage of the incredible collaborative capabilities of Microsoft® Access, Excel, and PowerPoint?
You probably work with Microsoft applications frequently, but are you using them to their fullest capacity? These powerful, sophisticated programs are tremendous tools on their own, but Access, Excel, and PowerPoint were designed
to work together, allowing users to seamlessly integrate their capabilities. By using Excel and Access together, you will be able to manage, organize, interpret, and present data more swiftly and easily than you ever thought possible.
If you’ve been looking for ways to boost your integration skills and use all three of these programs to maximum advantage, this course is for you. This
isn't a "how-to" training seminar for beginners. Rather, it's a business development course that explores how to best apply this software to your daily decision-making and presentation processes.
Work more effectively, present your data and ideas more convincingly, and make better business decisions
In just one remarkable day of focused training, you will learn how Excel, Access, and PowerPoint relate to one another, complement one another, and work together to streamline various processes and improve results.
With so much business data and information available, just keeping up with everyday data organization and management can become a major headache. By using Excel and Access together, you will be able to compile and track information from different sources, analyze data more quickly, and stay on top of new developments. In just one day of training, you’ll discover a variety of tools
and techniques that enable you to swiftly find, analyze, and act on the crucial business information that affects your team, department, and organization.
Hands-off computer training means you learn more quickly
A computer software course without computers? Absolutely! Our trainers have found that when they’re presenting a program such as this one, it’s easier to deliver key concepts, techniques, tools, and information via one large, viewer-friendly screen. That way, everyone’s focusing on the same information at the same time. This course includes case studies of real-world solutions using
these applications, step-by-step demonstrations, instructor–led exercises and more, all designed to deliver the training that will soon have you using Excel with Access and PowerPoint to unleash the awesome capabilities of all 3 programs.
Managing Your Data Using Access & Excel — Seminar Overview
Data Management Overview
- From Access to Excel to PowerPoint: Make the data compelling
- Learn to control your data and navigate through the information so you can present it in the best possible light
- Access, Excel, or PowerPoint? Choose the program made for the job so you spend your time efficiently and effectively
- Learn the secrets that "power users" know to make each program perform amazing feats of data manipulation
- Plan your project from the start — "mind mapping" helps define goals and prevent time-wasting do-overs
- Harness the power of the Microsoft Office Suite to shuttle data between programs for the best results
Tools, Tips, and Strategies for Using Excel and Access Together
- Use hyperlinks to connect your spreadsheets and presentations to Web addresses, network folders, and individual
- Take advantage of bookmarks to make your reports, presentations, and spreadsheets navigable and user-friendly
- Do you sometimes get "lost" in your database? Get where you want to go at the push of a button!
- Never get an "Import Failed" error again: Learn the two critical points you must know when moving data between applications
- Is it "Street," "St." or "STREET"? Achieve consistency in your data — no matter how many people are entering information
- Create custom error messages for users — without having to know any Visual Basic ® code!
- The future is here: Collect, organize, and distribute information via the Web
- Receive step-by-step instruction on how to download information from the Web — and keep it current
- Harness the power of a user-friendly Access data portal to collect information from around the office and around the world
Features, Functions, and Shortcuts to Make Data Organization and Management Easier Than Ever
- No more error messages! Learn the 3 important keys to making Pages work
- Discover a little-known secret (even Excel pros
don't know this one!) that can quickly select all the data you're after
- Instantly hide unneeded records and view only the data you want —
it's even easier in Access than in Excel!
- Find out which button allows you to create an instant query in Access
- Uncover the key to ending the most common sorting error in Excel
- Learn about a new feature that can help you unlock the secrets of Excel features
- Go beyond formulas to see just how many of your favorite functions also work in Access
- Avoid queries altogether by building your formulas directly into your Access forms and reports
- Discover the "secret weapon" Access experts use to produce beautiful reports — fast!
- Create a "virtual" network with staff outside your facility
- BONUS TIP: Make a bloated, slow Excel file work faster
How to Organize Your Data for Maximum Impact
- Use Access queries and reports to make your decisions and isolate the information you want to present
- Learn the best features of data organization in Access to create reports that are guaranteed to impress
- Export to Excel for manipulation and calculation; the data organization features enable you to instantly perform calculations without stacks of math manuals
- Learn quick tricks to make your most important data as interesting to your audience as it is to you
- Make your data attractive and interactive using
PowerPoint's clever visual presentation tools
How to Create and Deliver Polished, Professional Presentations and Reports
- Find out how to make a presentation compelling, startling, and inspiring simply by choosing data that achieves the greatest impact
- No more clicks! No more meetings that run long! Learn how to make your presentation advance on its own to save time and stay on schedule
- Your presentation is in 5 minutes and you just updated the Excel data
you're presenting. Find out how to instantly update your PowerPoint file and still make it to your meeting on time
- Bypass Excel to create compelling and data-rich charts — right in PowerPoint
- In a rush? Create a chart with just the push of a button!
- Explore advanced charting features to identify deviations and trends
- Use linked data in PowerPoint files to keep your information completely up-to-date — without having to re-create the
- Did someone miss your meeting? Need to share your presentation company-wide? Convert it into a play-on-demand package you can present on a laptop or via the Internet
Who Should Attend:
This program is designed specifically for anyone
who's looking to manage data more effectively, interpret it more efficiently, and present it more persuasively by using Access with Excel and PowerPoint. Even if you are familiar with one or more of these applications, this seminar will give you the information, tools, and strategies you need for integrating Access with other programs and utilizing a wealth of exciting, productivity-enhancing features and functions.
Check-In: 8:30 AM Class 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM