Learn how to incorporate Ben Franklin’s 13 virtues into your work life — and accomplish more than you ever thought possible!Although Benjamin Franklin is perhaps best known as a politician, diplomat, and inventor, he is also renowned for the effective time management techniques, sound business practices, and exceptional interpersonal skills that reflected his wisdom and fairness. In this eye-opening seminar, you will explore Ben
Franklin's virtues, "best practices," and brilliant business ideas — all of which are still practiced by highly effective professionals today. One of
America's most creative thinkers and successful entrepreneurs, Franklin devised innovative ways to save time, heighten productivity, and enhance performance that are just as relevant in
today's corporate world as they were more than 200 years ago.
What exactly can you learn from Ben Franklin?
Plenty! In this exclusive seminar, we'll introduce you to some of Franklin's most successful management principles and business philosophies.
You'll become familiar with the 13 virtues he lived by — and discover how you can easily incorporate them into your own workday life to facilitate real and lasting change. And
we'll show you a wealth of ways to streamline your work processes, conquer classic time thieves such as procrastination and interruptions, organize both your mental and physical work space, and get more positive performance out of each day (without working any harder than you do now). You will marvel at how precisely Ben
Franklin's virtues and beliefs apply to today's toughest business dilemmas.
Do you find yourself working harder and longer than ever before? Do you come in early, stay late, or take work home with you? Do you have a "to-do list" that keeps getting longer every day? This course may be just the fresh perspective you need to change your approach to productivity and time management. What you learn here will help you work more efficiently, more effectively, and more
resourcefully — we guarantee it!
Are you tired of time management courses that promise more than they deliver ... rehash the same few ideas over and over ... tell you how to be more effective without showing you how ... and only offer short-term solutions?
We’ve created Ben
Franklin's Success Strategies for busy, time-deprived professionals like you who are looking for ways to:
- Strike a better balance between work and home
- Prioritize without feeling guilty or second-guessing your decisions
- Stop letting smaller projects slip through the cracks
- Control negative emotions when you start to feel frustrated and overwhelmed
- Master time management tools that can be applied throughout the course of your career
- Manage your workload and time commitments more effectively
Is this seminar for you?
- YES ... if you feel that you never have enough hours in your day to get everything done
- YES ... if you are overwhelmed by interruptions, crises, and emergencies on a daily basis
- YES ... if home and work are always pulling you in opposite directions
- YES ... if it seems like things are out of control at work
- YES ... if you have trouble returning phone calls, replying to e-mails, and handling other critical business correspondence
- YES ... if you never really feel confident your deadlines will be met — by you or by those you’ve delegated work to
- And a great big YES if you think you´re "too busy" at work to take time for a one-day seminar (even one that may change your life)!
Franklin's Success Strategies — Seminar Overview
Time Management is Self Management:
Learn Ways to Work Smarter, Not Harder
Franklin's theories on "self management" to create a customized plan for improving your productivity and time management skills
- Analyze your daily approach to task and time management, and pinpoint ways to build on your strengths and bolster your weak areas
- Identify typical crises, core responsibilities, irritating interruptions, and other routines that affect your time and productivity
- Learn to "prioritize your priorities" when
everything's due ASAP and it feels like you're being pulled in a million different directions
- Know your own personal time-eaters! Once you recognize them,
it's easy to take steps to eliminate them from your work life!
- Stop procrastinating! We’ll show you how to improve your self-discipline and kick this annoying habit once and for all (we promise!)
Franklin's timeless strategies to create your own effective work/life navigation plan
The Communication Connection:
Communicate Effectively to Get the Job Done Efficiently
- Discover Ben
Franklin's secrets for keeping the communication channels open — even when emotions such as anger or frustration threaten to close them
- Avoid communication confusion! Clarify your points and learn to eliminate frivolous words, jargon, and clichés from both oral and written communication
- Practice "Right Listening" to build rapport with others and quickly earn their respect and support
- Learn ways to respond positively rather than react negatively as you listen — you will prevent defensiveness and negative feelings on the part of the speaker
- Communicate to delegate effectively: Participate in eye-opening exercises that show you how to delegate the right tasks at the right time to the right people
- Offer constructive criticism in a positive light — and know what you should never say, even with the best intentions
- Infuse your communication style with confidence and power, the earmarks of a strong leader
An Attitude for Success:
Overcome On-the-Job Anxiety, Relax, and Let Go of What You
- Pinpoint the situations that cause you to tense up. Learn to identify the scenarios that bring you the most anxiety so that you can head them off
- Learn a step-by-step approach to eliminate your self-defeating behaviors — permanently!
- Cultivate resiliency! Turn disruptive changes and conflicts into growth opportunities —
it's easier than you think
- Stop sweating the small stuff, start looking at the big picture, and think positive thoughts —
we'll show you how!
- Take a chance. If you find risk taking too "risky," discover the benefits of taking calculated risks that
won't derail your progress!
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who wants greater control of their time, management
style and life.
Check-In: 8:30 AM Class 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM