Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication Seminar
training classes conferences & workshops presented by American Management Association Seminars
register for training on FindaSeminar.com
We are an authorized partner of American Management Association Seminars
Price protection. The price to attend Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication
is set by the training provider. There is no added
charge for our services.
We honor most training
Call a representative to see if your discount coupon
Privacy. Your personal information
won't be shared with anyone but the training provider American Management Association Seminars.
Security. When you register for this
seminar on FindaSeminar.com your personal data and payment
information is safely collected and processed using secure SSL
Flexibility. FindaSeminar.com offers
you three ways to register for Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication
seminar by American Management Association Seminars. Register online, by
phone, or fax.
Who should attend Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication
Business professionals who want to develop more flexibility in responding to conflict—and want to manage it in ways that build better relationships and opportunities for mutual gain.
Write and read American Management Association Seminars reviews
and reviews about the training seminar Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication on the
Seminar News Network and the
Training News Network.
Frequently asked questions and registration options for the
training seminar Responding to Conflict: Strategies for Improved Communication
This is event is a GSA-approved program (Federal Government approved).
e-mail a representative for GSA cost.
In today’s workplace, issues such as increased team interaction and a shifting organizational structure are creating new conflict areas. That’s why it’s essential that you develop the communication skills to effectively handle conflict in a wide variety of workplace situations. And because conflict management is so vital for career success, you need to learn these skills now, and AMA’s intensive three-day seminar is designed to help you do just that.
• Understand what’s really involved in conflict
• Gain an awareness of how your feelings, attitudes and behavior work together in response to conflict
• Communicate more confidently to build relationships and clarify misunderstandings
• Create a climate that encourages the expression of true feelings and goals
• Increase efficiency and productivity—model openness with individuals and teams
• Reduce stress by learning to manage conflict
• Gain a deeper and broader working definition of conflict
• Use conflict as an opportunity to build better relationships and collaborate effectively with others
Assessing the Conflict
• Identify the origins of a conflict
• Differentiate between positions and interests in a conflict situation
Outcomes—Your Road Map to Constructive Conflict Resolution
• Establish outcomes as the first step in your communication strategy
• Develop a step-by-step procedure for setting and achieving outcomes
Identify Conflict Resolution—Styles and Strategies
• Identify the thinking and behavior of your predominant interpersonal style under calm and stressful conditions
• Develop effective strategies in responding to different styles
Your Emotions—The Starting Point for Managing Conflict
• Develop more awareness of your emotions
• Learn to identify different emotions
• Identify and understand how your emotional triggers work
• Responding to criticism from others
• Offering criticism to others
Building Trust and Demonstrating Understanding
• Determine what kind of listener you are
• Demonstrate skills to build rapport
Overcoming Conflict Through Improved Communication
• Differentiate among the four communication styles
• Use guidelines to achieve assertive communication
• Set goals to achieve desired verbal and nonverbal communication style
Putting It All Together
• Reference a six-step conflict management model
• Experience analyzing a real conflict situation
Activating Your Will, Directing Your Energy—Your Personal Action Commitment
• Describe ways and list next steps to move beyond wishing for change by activating your will
• Develop an action plan to become a better communicator and skilled conflict manager