You run an ad for an administrative assistant in the
help-wanted section of the newspaper ... and then a few days later, you are
buried under a pile of résumés — all for a single entry-level position.
What follows seems like an endless process of screening
résumés ... checking references ... scheduling and rescheduling appointments ...
waiting for latecomers and no-shows.
After days of interviewing, you finally find a candidate who
seems perfect for the job. But six months down the line, you — and your boss —
realize that you've made a hiring mistake.
Wouldn't it be great if you could dig deeper into a
candidate's personality during the interview and find out what makes that person
tick ... before you hire? Now, you can.
Attend this seminar and, in six information-packed hours,
you'll go beyond the basics of asking questions to mastering the art of
How You Will Benefit ...
- Are there no applicants who stand out? What to do next
- Tactful ways to close an interview when you know the
applicant isn't right for the job
- A remarkable plan for establishing rapport with an
applicant in the first 5 minutes of the interview
- After the hire: 4 things you must do to ensure a happy,
- A checklist that will help you build a new hire's company
loyalty ... fast
Will Cover ...
What Every Interviewer Needs To Know
- The facts behind the 3 most common myths about interviewing
- The #1 mistake interviewers make ... and how you can avoid
- 1 powerful technique for slashing the time it takes to fill
- 5 seemingly innocent questions you can't ask under the
Americans With Disabilities Act
- Do you know the real purpose of screening résumés? Find out
at this seminar
Sharpen Your Interviewing Skills
- How to make sure that the questions you ask are legally
- The secret to giving each candidate your full attention ...
even at the end of a long day of interviewing
- 1 rule you must follow when rejecting an applicant
- 19 "Power Questions" that will secure the in-depth answers
you need to make the best possible hiring decision
- 6 listening tips that make it easy to remember which
applicant said what
- The best thing to do when you know the applicant is lying
during the interview
- Detecting personality quirks during the interview that may
hinder job performance later
- Who should have the final say on hiring decisions? (It's
probably not who you think)
Avoid Bad Hiring Decisions
- What you must legally post on an employee bulletin board
- 6 types of problem applicants ... and what you should — and
shouldn't — say to them during the interview
- How to calmly and firmly "defuse" a hostile applicant whom
you've just rejected
- The "Quadrant Selection": What it is and how it will help
you avoid expensive (and embarrassing) hiring mistakes
- Documenting your interviews: Federal regulations you're
probably breaking if you don't document correctly
Streamline The Interview Process
- A 10-point interviewing plan that will help you fill any
- 4 screening methods that will save you time and frustration
- The most cost-effective way to find and hire superstars
- Proven organizational skills that will help you make better
hiring decisions in less time
- Checking references? Get people to open up and give you the
information you need
Who Should Attend ...
HR professionals, enroll today to learn powerful and practical
interviewing techniques that will enable you to avoid possible problem
employees, streamline the interviewing process and hire the best candidate for
the job every time.
Satisfaction Is GUARANTEED!
At Padgett-Thompson, our #1 goal is to give you the tools you
need to succeed. That's why every seminar, conference and training resource we
offer is 100% guaranteed. Every time.