No doubt about it: Individuals with excellent interpersonal skills rise to
the top – in their careers, in their organizations and in life!
You’ve probably seen it happen time and again. Take two
people with similar skills and knowledge, but one of them has enviable
people skills while the other’s interpersonal skills are only mediocre.
Which one gets ahead faster and goes further? You know the answer to that
one — no contest!
What you may not know is that effective interpersonal
skills can be learned – just like any other skill.
It’s true! In fact, many a top professional who appears to
be a “born people person” — comfortable and confident in any situation — has
taken training to master the interpersonal skills he or she uses to connect
so powerfully with others. The ability to build effective professional
relationships, to strike up instant rapport, to communicate with tact, and
to make a memorable impression are nothing more than a collection of
techniques that you can learn and cultivate.
Strengthening Your People Skills in the Workplace
is an intensive new workshop that provides you with a one-day way to gain
the essential people skills you need to push ahead in your career. No other
skill set is as crucial to your professional or personal success! Attend,
and you’ll learn how to …
others to your way of thinking
- Gain enthusiasm for your ideas, buy-in for your plans,
and support when you need it using a concise method for persuasion.
immediate rapport with new people
- Connect with new people quickly, establishing rapport
sure to result in solid, long-lasting professional relationships.
difficult people more effectively with less stress
- Counteract typical tactics difficult people use, and
gain insight into why difficult people behave the way they do.
confidently with conflict, confrontation and disagreements
- Prevent conflict before it happens by confronting
others professionally, calmly and tactfully over differences you have.
eliminate habits and tendencies that hold you back
- Continue to strengthen your people skills long after
this workshop is over by recognizing and eliminating self-sabotaging
Ask yourself honestly: Are your people skills holding you
back professionally? If you’ve read this far in this brochure about
strengthening your interpersonal effectiveness, there’s a strong chance that
you know all too well that the answer to this question is YES.
So stop struggling with your interpersonal challenges on
your own! Make the commitment right now to attend this workshop and get the
proven tools and techniques you need to make an immediate, dramatic
improvement in the way you work with others. Don’t wait any longer to
achieve the career success – and the personal success – you deserve!
What You’ll Learn
- Never again experience the misunderstandings and
miscommunications that have soured working relationships in the past.
- Feel confident in situations that once caused you
- Work effectively with people whose personalities and
communication styles differ from your own.
- Make others feel valued, important and comfortable
in your presence.
- Become more influential in your organization.
- Improve your results in dealing with difficult people
by better understanding them.
- Handle confrontation confidently and professionally.
- Break out of your comfort zone to feel more comfortable
in unfamiliar settings or activities.
- Connect immediately with new people and quickly
- Deliver criticism in a constructive way that causes
positive behavior change, not anger or resentment.
- Recognize and eliminate interpersonal tendencies and
habits that are holding you back, professionally and personally.
- Resolve conflict and move on to collaboration and
- Diplomatically handle tough situations by knowing
exactly “what to say when.”
- Strengthen your rapport – and your results – with those
up and down the ladder.
- Cool down heated verbal exchanges before the situation
gets out of hand.
- Reduce the stress and tension in your department by
opening the lines of communication.
- Deal quickly and effectively with those who challenge
you or put you down in front of others.
- Give sincere praise effectively and frequently – and
watch your personal power grow.
- Establish yourself as a respected leader who gets
exceptional results through others.
Top of Page
Interpersonal Success Through Self-Awareness
- Understanding how
strong interpersonal skills will magnify your personal power dramatically
- Assessing your
interpersonal skills: How successfully do you interact with others?
- Exploring your
interpersonal behavior: In what situations do you feel powerful?
Powerless? Overpowering? Unsure? Anxious?
- Analyzing various
communication styles and recognizing your own
- Strategies for
effectively interacting with communication styles different from yours
interpersonal habits and tendencies that may be holding you back
Rapport-Building: Establishing Solid Working Relationships Up and Down the
- Where “people skills” go bad: Top mistakes that sour
relationships – and how to avoid them
- Introvert or extrovert? How to use your personality
type to your advantage when building rapport
- Proven techniques for “connecting” with people you
- The secret to making others feel valued and important
- 10 bridge-builders that create strong alliances with
- Creating an environment where everyone feels safe in
expressing themselves openly
- Recognizing the unlimited power of sincere praise
to Persuade and Influence Others to Your Way of Thinking
- Creating a win-win approach — your key to dealing
successfully with others at all levels
- Step-by-step method for persuading others with a quick,
- Assertive vs. aggressive: Understanding why strong-arm
tactics backfire every time
- Tips for gaining buy-in for your ideas and plans
- Surefire techniques for winning over an adversary to
your way of thinking
- Go to Plan B: Understanding your options when they
simply won’t see it your way
With Difficult People and Handling Tough Situations
- Why are difficult people difficult? The answers may
- Recognizing how your attitudes and behaviors impact the
behavior of others
- Analyzing the classic types of difficult people
- Typical weapons difficult people use and how to
- Finding the right words: EASY scripts you can use to
get through tough situations
- Constructive feedback: Techniques for giving criticism
in a way that creates positive behavior change
- Tips for handling criticism calmly when it’s dished out
Working Through Conflict With Tact and Finesse
- Policies that help minimize conflict in the workplace
- What’s the real problem? Getting to the root cause
- Elements of constructive confrontation: How to face it
calmly, confidently and head-on
- Techniques for defusing explosive situations quickly
- The 3-step method of working through a situation to
permanently resolve conflict
- Negotiation strategies that turn noes into yeses
- Tips for keeping your emotions from sabotaging you
during conflict or confrontation
Listening Skills: Your
Strategic Advantage in Interpersonal Effectiveness
- How excellent listening skills can expand your personal
- Master the basics of active listening – and double your
- Are you unintentionally shutting down important
information or feedback? Here’s how to stop it
- What are they really trying to tell you? Reading body
language and nonverbal cues
- To feel listened to is to feel valued: How to make
colleagues or employees feel “heard”
- What to do when the person you’re listening to won’t
Skills to Help You Shine in Specific Situations
- Making a memorable, positive impression in those
crucial first few seconds
- Interpersonal skills at work during business lunches
- Making networking events productive – instead of a
torturous waste of time
- At a loss for small talk at work-related social
functions? Try these tips
- Assertive communication in action: Practicing responses
for various workplace situations
- Tips for saying “no” without arousing anger or
- Major communication mistakes that can damage your
career – and how to avoid them
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Check-in begins at 8:30 AM
Satisfaction Is GUARANTEED!
At Padgett-Thompson, our #1 goal is to give you the tools you
need to succeed. That's why every seminar, conference and training resource we
offer is 100% guaranteed. Every time.