Training Course Syllabus:
Learn Best Practices to Handle Foreclosures Confidently
If owning a home is the American dream, then losing it through foreclosure is the American nightmare. Learn how to make the foreclosure process as smooth as possible for your clients by taking a walk through the legal procedures. At this workshop, you'll gain hands-on experience of the entire real property foreclosure process with step-by-step example documentation. Don't miss this opportunity to build your skills. Register today!
- Avoid legal missteps during the foreclosure process by staying up to date on foreclosure and bankruptcy legislation and case law.
- Discover effective strategies to avoid lengthy foreclosure action and let your clients get on with their lives as soon as possible.
- Gain insight on the foreclosure sale's legally-required notices, tax issues, deficiency bids and distribution of proceeds.
- Learn best practices for handling the post-foreclosure complications of deficiency judgments, sales pendente lite and tenant eviction.
- Find out what red flags to watch for during the foreclosure process and how to successfully "head them off at the pass."
- Study the alternatives to foreclosure in-depth, so you can advise your clients on their loan default options.
UPDATE: CASE LAW AND LEGISLATION
9:00 - 10:00, David C. Farmer
- Federal Laws
- State Laws
- Recent Case Law
REAL PROPERTY FORECLOSURE: AN IN-DEPTH WALK-THROUGH WITH LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS
10:15 - 11:30, Neil J. Verbrugge
- Pre-Foreclosure Process and Documents
- The Foreclosure Sale: Notices, Procedure and Documents
- Post-Foreclosure: Wrap-Up, Deficiency, Eviction and Other Legal Issues
- Keys to Spotting and Handling Issues That Typically Pop Up
- Insider Tips for a Smooth Foreclosure
ALTERNATIVES TO FORECLOSURE: STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE AND LEGAL ISSUES
12:30 - 1:45, David C. Farmer
- Reinstatement, Forbearance and Repayment Plans
- Mortgage Modification
- Partial Claim
- Sale, Pre-Foreclosure Sale or Short Payoff
- Assumption by Qualified Buyer
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure
HOW BANKRUPTCY CHANGES THE LANDSCAPE
1:45 - 3:15, Elizabeth A. Kane
- The Automatic Stay
- Chapter 7 and 13 Basics
- Post-Foreclosure Sale Bankruptcy Filings
- Protecting the Creditor's Position
- Noteworthy Foreclosure Litigation
ETHICS IN FORECLOSURE
3:30 - 4:30, Elizabeth A. Kane
- Attorney's Affirmative Duties in Foreclosure
- Conflicts of Interest
- Description of Property in Foreclosure Sale Advertising
- Wrongful Foreclosure, Abuse of Process and Frivolous Litigation