Training Course Syllabus:
Skillfully Handle Troubled Real Estate Loans
When foreclosure is looming, you not only need to understand all your client's options, you also need practical techniques for protecting your client's interests. Get the tools you need at this essential seminar. We'll begin with a detailed walk-through of the various loan workout options and the foreclosure process. Then our experienced faculty will take an in-depth look at how to handle the title issues commonly encountered when working with troubled assets. Take your skills to the next level. Register today!
- Know the nuts and bolts of the foreclosure process, including its requirements and procedural pitfalls.
- Learn how to adeptly use the various workout tools and loan modification options at your disposal to avoid foreclosure.
- Recognize the title issues involved in the foreclosure and workout context and learn how to resolve them.
- Maintain an ethical practice by avoiding conflicts of interest and multiple representation issues.
- Learn proven eviction and ejectment techniques to secure property as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
The Foreclosure Process in New Hampshire
9:00 - 10:00, Daniel P. Luker
- Notice Requirements
- Foreclosure Hearing
- Foreclosure Sale
- The "Closing" With Third Party Bidders
Workouts - The Various Tools in the Toolbox for Working Out Troubled Real Estate Loans
10:00 - 10:45 and 11:00 - 12:15, Michael J. Scott
- Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Loan Modifications
- Discounted Payoffs
Title Issues in the Foreclosure Process and Workout Context
1:15 - 2:15, Philip A. Brouillard
2:15 - 3:15, Michael C. Shklar
- Conflicts of Interest
- FDCPA Issues
The Foreclosure Process Within the Context of Bankruptcy
3:30 - 4:30, William M. Gillen