Training Course Syllabus:
Equip Yourself with These Important Estate Planning Tools!
What can you do to help clients transfer their business interests to the intended beneficiaries and minimize transfer taxes and business interruption? When is it wisest to sell outright? How do you structure a partial or gradual ownership transfer? Get answers to these questions and more: augment your estate planning practice with the latest techniques for developing flexible and comprehensive transfer plans for your clients' closely-held businesses and vacation homes. Register today!
- Make certain ALL the assets are accounted for and go to their intended recipients with minimal tax burdens.
- Solve the problems of limited liquidity in planning for a small business.
- Account for current and future family dynamics when drafting the plan.
- Learn what legal entities are most useful in transferring vacation homes from one generation to the next.
- Prevent problems and conflicts: know what must be included in every vacation home estate plan and get sample forms.
- Make the best use of life insurance in planning for a family business transfer.
- Forestall allegations of malpractice with our guide to impeccable legal practices.
- Estate Planning for the Business Owners... And Their Heirs
9:00 - 9:45, J. Scot Kirkpatrick
- Helping the Business Owner Clarify Their Goals.
- Encouraging Business Owners to Plan for Succession
- Accounting for Family Dynamics
- Estate Equalization - Treating Heirs Equitable (vs. Equally)
- Special Planning Considerations With the Second Family
- Efficient Business Wealth Transfer Planning? Start Now
9:45 - 10:30, J. Scot Kirkpatrick and Greg Raabe
- Opportunities and Traps Created by TRA 2010
- Asset Freezing Techniques: Setting and Preserving Asset Values
- Planning and Executing a Gradual Family Transfer
- Funding the Remaining Tax Liabilities
- Which Business Entity is the (Very) Best Estate Planning Vehicle
10:45 - 11:30, Jeffrey J. Call and Jeffrey A. Eischeid
- LLPs, LLCs, C and S corporations, LLC as an S Corporation
- The Best Entity May Vary Based on the Asset and Intent
- Converting an Existing Business Structure Into Another
- Establishing and Defending Valuation Discounts
- Optimizing Transfer Planning for Business Partners
11:30 - 12:15, J. Scot Kirkpatrick and Dennis Wright
- Drafting Buy-Sell Agreements for Operating Businesses
- Buy-Sell Agreements With Alternative Funding
- Solving the Problem of Liquidity
- Using Life Insurance to Fund a Buyout
- So You Want to Sell Your Business
1:15 - 2:00, Robert S. Winborne
- Assessing Value Creation in the Business
- Strategic Alternatives: Acquisitions vs. Organic Growth
- Liquidity Options for
- Capital Markets, Lending and M&A Market Overview
- Inside (The Black Box of) Life Insurance
2:00 - 2:45, Michael Brink
- Quantifying and Measuring Expectations
- Ten Key Issues for Due Diligence
- Performance Monitoring and
Management... For You
- Legal Ethics
3:00 - 4:00, J. Scot Kirkpatrick
- Question & Answer Session
4:00 - 4:30, Michael Brink