Training Course Syllabus:
International Financial Reporting Standards for Fixed Assets - Property, Plant, and Equipment Webinar
Time: 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
Duration: 60 Minutes
Instructor: Mike Morley
International Financial Reporting Standards are changing how companies account for long-lived tangible assets on their financial statements. Accountants are expected to decide how to record the acquisition of long-lived assets, assess the value at which they are presented on future financial statements, and work out the allocation of the cost of these assets over future reporting periods. In addition, IFRS allows periodic re-evaluation of long-lived assets under certain conditions, but with so many choices for assigning a value, just exactly how do you do it?
Why Should you Attend:
This webinar will provide you with easy-to-follow guidelines that will ensure that you can meet the deadline for complying with these new International Financial Reporting Standards for Fixed Assets - Property, Plant, and Equipment.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Concepts and rules for Property, Plant, and Equipment.
- Revaluation methods under IFRS.
- Impairment of tangible long-lived assets.
- Capitalization of borrowing costs.
- Retirements and other disposals of long-lived assets.
- Nonmonetary (exchange) transactions.
- Disclosure requirements.
- Financial statement presentation.